MK and I traveled up to DC for WIMP's bridal shower. It was lovely! That night we stayed with WIMP's BFF, and went out in Georgetown. The night started off well, and then somehow we all got separated. Even though I lived in DC for a while I was not at all familiar with the area around WIMP's BFF's house. Neither were MK and WIMP. In short, the following occurred:
1. MK & I were barefoot after walking for what seemed like hours. We are convinced we now have AIDS of the feet.
2. I called up the GPS on my phone to direct us to WIMP's BFF's house. We marched around for an hour while I held my phone in front of us and it kept saying "turn right". I believe we ended up walking in circles for most of the time.
3. We came across a bulldozer in the middle of the street. I climbed up and had my picture taken on the bulldozer. I'm not sure why I felt that was necessary.
4. We found the largest sunflowers any of us had ever seen. We took pictures standing amongst them, because really...wouldn't you?
5. At one point the three of us were standing on a corner trying to look at the GPS map on my phone and a van pulled over. It contained two scary men who attempted to solicit us. Seriously.
So, there you have it. As I said...I survived another night out in DC :)
Now it's Monday. It rained buckets here last night and I woke up to a semi-flooded basement. Grrrrr......
I miss TEN, and received a random text from him last night saying "new tat is fresh". I'm thinking tat=tattoo and I'm not pleased :( He called at 9:30 last night to tell me that it was costing $1.10/min to speak so he had to be brief. 30 minutes later I was laughing hysterically as he relayed all of the shenanigans that have already occurred on his "mancation". He's having a lovely time, and I hung up with a big smile...because he really deserves a vacation. He deserves to relax with the boys and have a good time. He does not, however, need to be getting a tattoo. Now I'm sick to my stomach because he hasn't replied to my "omg. are you serious? a tattoo? really?" text :(
This rainy day/Monday has really got me down....