Christmas was lovely. I know you have read a thousand of these...so I won't go into the loveliness that was mine. I'll just give a few bullets, real quick like:
1. TEN, Louis and I drove to Big City, VA on Thursday morning. We were late leaving. It was Louis' fault. Obviously.
2. Dropped TEN and Louis at TEN's mother's house. I trucked on to my mother's.
3. Watched Up in the Air. It wasn't funny. At all. Good movie. Just not funny. Not sure why I was expecting it to be?
4. Watched It's Complicated. Hilarious.
5. T=sick. As in "I cannot catch my breath, or go to midnight mass, or anywhere else because I am dying" sick.
6. Skipped midnight mass and fancy dinner. Ate yummy pork tenderloin. Thanks mother, it was tasty :)
7. Ate Chinese on Christmas. Yumm.
8. Drove to BFF from High School's home for a visit. Saturday. Party + more food + presents = lovely.
9. Drove back to Big City, VA to have dinner with TEN's mother, sister, brother, sister-in-law, neice & nephew Sunday afternoon. Talk about total family submersion. Yikes! Thank goodness they are all nice and fun and silly...just like me. I pigged out, drank wine, relaxed and then we hit the road. Again.
10. TEN, Louis and I drove back to Smalltown, VA Sunday night.
11. I slept all day Monday because I was off. And sick. Yawn.
Now, a few funny tidbits:
TEN gave his father and brother "the leg lamp" from A Christmas Story. And they loved it. Seriously:
TEN's nephew M adores Louis. He could not stop giving him hugs :
I received some fabulous gifts for Christmas. I have my Thank You Card List right here. Not that I would EVER write thank you cards while at work, of course, but I will get to them promptly :) My absolute favorite gift was:
I'm shallow. I know. Shut up.