Friday, June 25, 2010

Follow Friday & Saturday Nuptuals!

Today is the first day I am at my computer for Follow Friday!  Bethany from Maryland Pink and Green started this awesome Friday post so that we could all have the chance to find some great new bloggers.  Be sure to visit Follow Friday HERE to sign up!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend two of my very dear friends D and PTB are tying the knot!  I couldn't be more excited :)  When I think back to the day they met, and all that has happened since then, I can't stop myself from smiling.  D and I have been friends since I moved back to Smalltown, VA from DC.  We met and immediately bonded!  We both served on a board of a local non-profit, which brought us even closer.  We supported each other through both good and bad relationships with men, and found ourselves single at the same time.  Two single girls navigating through Smalltown, VA's dating scene is nothing short of hysterical...and going through it with her made it so much more fun!

(me and D)

(me, Barbie, M and D)

(me, D and Daisy)

At a cocktail crawl one Saturday afternoon, in the pouring down rain, she told me about PTB.  We were all supposed to go to an event earlier in the week, but I bailed.  She went.  She wasn't exactly sure what to make of PTB at first.  Was he really as good as he seemed?  Or...was he too good to be true?  The jury would stay out on that for a while, but in the end....we all realized he was just as good as he seemed.  A smart, handsome, charming and kind southern gentleman.  D had hit the jackpot!  And believe me, PTB feels exactly the same way about her :)

Tomorrow D and PTB will begin their forever.  I have chills on my arms just now thinking about it.  I'm smiling because she finally found her man.  I'm so happy that all of the pain and suffering she went through with undeserving men has brought her to PTB.  And I'm so very honored that I will be a part of it all!

D and PTB will be opening up the floor for toasts at their reception.  She told me at her last shower that she knew exactly what I was going to say.  I just smiled.  Because I knew what she was thinking about.   That day.  Under the awning at the cocktail crawl.  The day she first told me all about him.  But wasn't quite sure.  Wasn't sure if she should trust in what he said.  Wasn't sure if she should let herself fall again.  Wasn't sure if there was heartbreak at the end of this story.  Well my dear friend...surprise!  There is nothing but love and happiness and all that is good in this world at the end of your story.  And this is what I want to say to you and PTB, and everyone else, tomorrow at your wedding.  But I'm not sure that I can.  I'm not sure that I will be able to do that for you.  Because even as I sit here writing this, there is a tear rolling down my cheek.  I am so very happy for you, and I don't want to cry on your wedding day......

Here's to you D and PTB...I love you both!

 



Love,
Mary Sue Smith


4 comments:

MCW said...

I really hate the white boxes. I can never give speeches either...tear up immediately.

Bethany said...

So glad you joined the list for Follow Friday!

Enjoy your weekend. I always cry at weddings.

xoxo

Kim Reese said...

Have a lovely weekend!!! Please make sure your mascara is waterproof, as your post even made me tear up!!!

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Love the black and white dress, your gonna get swept away if you keep dressing like this darlin'...Is there a smile on that face?