Friday, October 29, 2010

Cupcake Cake Take TWO!

Do you remember, back in February, when I attempted to bake a cupcake cake?  It was for TEN's birthday.  I was hell bent on making this cake for him.  I attempted it twice.  Both times were complete failures.  Feel free to read about my humiliation HERE.  If you choose to skip that painful memory, you can have a peek at this picture to see how terrible it all was:



Everyone was very nice about it, of course.  And yet, I knew that inside they were all thinking "poor, poor T.  she cannot cook a thing."

Flash forward to yesterday.  I was answering the 8 questions about food tag, and I told you about my EPIC FAIL cooking pork fried rice.  MK said to me "I cannot believe you did not tell the story of the cupcake cake".  And I pouted.  And it hurt my feelings.  And at that moment I made a decision.  I WAS GOING TO GO HOME AND SUCCESSFULLY BAKE A CUPCAKE CAKE THAT NIGHT!  And I did.  And do you know what happened?  Here, let me show you:

(i am in a fight with blogger.  i am also sideways.  whatever)





While the cakes cooled...Louis had play time!





(into the freezer for 10 minutes prior to icing. )

(waiting...)

(more waiting.....)

(aha!  it did make it easier :)


(using food coloring to make a green bottom half)


(sideways..almost finished cupcake)


("let me see!  let me see!  i want a taste!")


TADA!!!  SUCCESS!!

Betty Crocker in the Hooooouuuuuse!

T

18 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

I hope I didn't really hurt your feelings yesterday :( You know that I have ALL the faith in you on this little cooking/baking project of yours :)

I think the cupcake looks fabulous!! Very proud!!

DIMH said...

Atta girl! So great!

ms. mindless said...

you go, miss crocker!

Dee Stephens said...

You are a blogging machine girl!! Love it! Glad you like Mandy's blog. Yes, cool people.

the Hard Way said...

hahaha this is amazing!!! i super love Louis's patient waiting photos :p do they make cake for puppies???

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

Yay, you! Third tries are always the charm.

Jess said...

Yay!! This looks awesome!! So, practice really does make perfect!!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

I love me my Big Top Cupcakes!
They are soooo fun. I always make mine pink with green sugar sprinkles! You go girl!

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Ann said...

Way to go!!!!! Looks good

Love Cocktails and puppydog tails! said...

LOVE IT!

Love Cocktails and puppydog tails! said...

LOVE IT!

Love Cocktails and puppydog tails! said...

LOVE IT!

Donna said...

Really, I thnk it is cute as can be and you can tell Louis liked it too!! I bet it was just delicious, but especially appreciated! Homemade things always are!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks so cute (: and Louis does too, as always!
You're seriously making me want to actually bake something...I am so, so sorry to anyone near me when that happens.

Suzy Sunshine said...

Beautiful! I love the pale green bottom!!!

www.whereismypurse.blogspot.com

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Cupcakes today - wonder what's tomorrow???

Louis is looking pretty spiffy these days ... have a Happy Halloween!

Ashley said...

YEY for it working this time!!! so cute!

The Bucket Project said...

Happy Halloween fellow bloggerista!

Congrats on that delcious looking cupcake!

If you have a spare second please stop by The Bucket Project and let us know one thing you'd like to try/do/see before you "kick the bucket". All you need to do is comment on any post and we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Jessi @ http://bucketproject.blogspot.com