Now, let's see here....
I told you that I came back from San Antonio. I told you about my Vitamin D deficiency. I told you that I went to Charlotte, but I didn't get to tell you much about it. Okay, let's start there.
1. I went to Charlotte, NC to visit The Cheerleader. She moved there this summer, and it was my first trip to see her. Much fun! Much fun! We went out Friday night to places all over town. Couldn't tell you where, but it was fun.
(Daisy, friend, me, friend, The Cheerleader)
(me teaching the group the moves to MIA's Paper Planes)
(fancy foot action)
On Saturday we watched the Virginia Tech/UNC game at BlackFinn. There were a BUNCH of Hokie fans there, and the game was fantastic!!
(my new "friend" in Charlotte. he had us cracking up all afternoon.)
The other amazing thing about my trip to Charlotte is that I got to meet a fellow blogger!! Dee from Dee's Adventures joined us out at BlackFinn for a few drinks. She is absolutely precious, and I am so thankful that she took the time to come out to meet us!! Thanks Dee. Can't wait to see you again soon :)
2. We got back from Charlotte on Sunday evening, and I went on a date. Yep. A date. We had a lovely dinner, and then went to see Due Date. It was hysterical. Absolutely hysterical. I laughed so hard that I cried. On more than one occasion. Seersucker Suit Movie Review coming soon!
3. Monday was cold and rainy, and I just wanted to stay in and be a lazy bones. I also wanted comfort food. (I had better watch out! All of this comfort food is going right to my hips!). We decided to make Homemade Chicken Pot Pies. Mmmmm....
(hmm...where oh where is my ball? could it be under here?)
(there it is! hmmm...what bad pup chewed on mummy's table? what a bad pups he must be!)
(EGADS! this ball lights up!)
(the finished product!! tasty, tasty, tasty. Louis even had a puppy pot pie. he is a definitely a fan.)
4. Wednesday was cooking class at MY house. We made Texas Chicken Lasagna. I decorated a bit in honor of the occasion, and the girls wore their cowboy hats. I don't have one, so I wore a sombrero. That kindove makes sense...doesn't it?
(my little pony miniature piñata)
(Mexican flag...somewhat appropriate for Texas. No?)
(the three amigos)
(Louis was scared of our hats. i'm not exactly sure why? but he was traumatized. all evening long.)
(the finished product. mouth watering, if i do say so myself!)
(is this night over yet? i am scared out of my wits!)
I finally had to put Louis in his crate, where he promptly fell asleep. Poor little muffin. The hats were just too much for him to handle :(
The night was a huge success....until....Daisy's purse was stolen!!!! It was terrible :( We went upstairs at the venue and watched the tapes. We saw the two girls walk right up and lay their coat on Daisy's purse. We saw them look through Daisy's purse, and then walk of with it. The police have been notified. They have the video. Fingers crossed the find the girls that did it. Because those tacky little girls have caused a total upheaval in Daisy's life. They have her cell, her camera, her credit card, her Visa Check, her driver's license, her house key..... You get the point. She had to change her locks on Saturday. She's getting by with her checkbook and passport. But it stinks. Like really, really stinks.
**UPDATE** I've just gotten word from Daisy that one of the tacky little thieves paid for her drink with a credit card. Not Daisy's!! So, unless she stole someone else's purse (which I suppose is completely possible), we will be able to locate her. FINGERS CROSSED!
6. Friday night I was exhausted from Thursday night's events. So, I decided to make a cupcake cake (yes, again...) for C's birthday festivities on Saturday night. Since I had the basic cake design down (FINALLY), I decided to get a little bit fancier. And it worked!!! Wahoo!!! I will admit that I had a little bit of help. But not much (hehehe...)
7. Saturday night was C's birthday. It was so much fun! Dance Party USA took place, and Daisy taught C how to do the "Stayin Alive" dance. Hysterical!
Sunday consisted of naps on the couch, and Chinese take out for supper. Just what the doctor ordered! I think I'm finally recuperated.
AND....we are now caught up. Just in time for me to go home for Thanksgiving :)