Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Westie Wednesday & Lame Halloween Recap

This is how Louis likes to sleep.


I can't imagine why?  It looks quite uncomfortable to me, but it seems to make him happy.  It also reminds me a bit of a snow boarder.  The way his legs are off to the side.  As if he's clearing some air, and will be landing on the slope soon.  Weird thought.  But I'm just sayin....

Louis was a bumble bee for Halloween.  His costume had a skirt.  It was for a girl.  And I made him wear it.  I'm a terrible mom :(  BUT...he looked fabulous, and everyone said "Awwww...." when they saw him.  That counts for something, right? 

I'm pretty sure he is going to need therapy to recover, but it's okay.  I've promised him that he can be something very manly next year. 

Friday night we carved pumpkins.  I cooked the pumpkin seeds.  On the top of  a chimnea.  It was all very caveman-esque, don't you know.  But fun.  And the seeds were perfect.  Salty, crunchy and delish!

I wore my lady bug costume Saturday night to the best Halloween party in Smalltown, VA.  I didn't breathe all night long.  I had to suck in my stomach.  And my thighs.  And everything else.

This will be the last year that I wear a sexy/tight/short/completely inappropriate Halloween costume :)  Mark my words.

Sunday evening I visited with friends, and handed out Halloween candy at a little get together.  Well, let me restate that.  We attempted to hand out Halloween candy.  We only had 1 trick or treater :(

Louis came along with me, and wore his bumble bee costume.  For a bit.  He didn't feel like wearing it for very long, and I didn't make him.  He and MK's pup H played with each other.  They are both "only dogs", and therefore they both want ALL of the attention.  Which can get a weee bit tricky sometimes...


Louis feels compelled to make sure that EVERYONE knows that I am "his mummy", and sometimes needs to sit on top of me to express this.  Finally, I just got up in a chair and let him have his way.


MK took some fabulous pics of our babies through the night, and she shared these on her blog HERE



And that was it.  Another Halloween came and went.  And it was lovely.  Fun, festive...no complaints :)

Now it's time to start talking turkey.  And presents.  And I just wish I could press pause right now.  Because I want to savor my life as it is.  And yet, it always seems like it's time to rush off to the next event.

Speaking of "events".  Tonight is cooking class!  We are making a Thai dish.  I'll be sure to tell you all about it tomorrow.

xoxo,
T

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh.Em.Gee! Hahahahaha! The photo of Louis sleeping cracks me up!

http://cautionblondeblogging.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Louis shouldn't be upset about wearing a skirt, think of all those highlander men who wore kilts and they were certainly manly men.

MCW said...

The sexy costumes are the best kind. I mean, why else get dressed up?

The Bee Charmer said...

I dressed Finn up like a pink pig....so I think Louis came out pretty well in the whole thing....