I was driving to work the other day when I realized I had a HUGE smile on my face. It caught me off guard, and I had focus on what I had been thinking about. And then I knew what it was. I had been thinking of how exciting and fun and stress free the next two months are going to be :)
I had been thinking about how blessed I am. Sometimes I forget that, as I'm rushing from one place to another to meet all of my obligations. But I've made some changes in my life lately, and the most noticeable one is that I'm actually moving slowly enough to realize how happy I am.
Here are a few of the things that had me smiling ....
1. I'm off today. YAY!
2. Tonight is a birthday celebration for someone I really like, and I'm excited to celebrate HER and to meet some new people.
3. Although Saturday's hike will most likely have to be postponed due to weather, TEN and I have a back up plan with some friends that includes wine & celtic music. This should be interesting :)
4. The Fighter & The Tourist are sitting on my coffee table to be watched this weekend with "the boys".
5. I'm off every Friday in the months of May & June. My pool opens Memorial Day weekend, but Barbie's pool opens earlier :-o I see myself spending some lazy Fridays by the pool very soon.
6. I'm getting together with friends I haven't seen in months for lunch on one of my Fridays off in May.
7. A dear friend is having a very special birthday celebration at the end of May. TEN and I have been invited to participate in the Birthday Boy's super secret special celebration, and I'm so excited and honored to have been included!
8. Memorial Day 3-day weekend, and a party at The Voice of Reason & Mr. Swiss' lake house. Always a good time.
9. Long weekend at the lake with some of my favorite girls the first weekend in June. BFF, MK (mrs.mfc) and I all have birthdays the second week of June. This little lake get away will give us all a chance to celebrate together! :)
10. Long weekend at the lake with TEN's family the second weekend in June. TEN's brother, TEN's sister's boyfriend and I all have birthdays in the same week. So, another birthday celebration of sorts will be taking place this weekend too!
(yes, you counted right. that's THREE long weekend in a row at the lake. see why i'm smiling so much?!?!)
11. Barbie won a prize at an event last year. The prize is to have a chef come into her home to cook dinner for 4 couples (8 people). It's going to be very fancy, and TEN and I were invited to be one of the 4 couples! I must admit, I've never had an in-house chef cook my supper before. I mean someone who wasn't there all of the time...like a housekeeper and such. This is like a REAL chef. Like Bobby Flay. Okay, maybe not quite like Bobby Flay, but you know what I mean. I'm excited.
12. TEN and I have been trying to plan a fancy pants vacation. To somewhere sunny and warm. He got some good news last week, and it looks like we may be going sooner rather than later. How exciting!
So many happy things to look forward to in the next 2 months. I just can't stop smiling! And, I had to share it with someone :)