Thursday, September 15, 2011

Please Keep Louis in Your Thoughts Today

My little man is being put "under" today to have his teeth cleaned.  I know it's really nothing serious.  But I can't help but worry :(

I don't like the idea of putting him under.  I would have just kept brushing his little toofers manually every week, but they told me he was going to get gum disease.  And that that would shorten his life by 3-5 years.  And I found someone to clean his teeth while he is awake, but....they can't get up under the gum.  They said he would NEVER tolerate that.  And so....

The good news is that HIS vet from birth (who now lives in Colorado) is back in town this week.  She knows how afraid I am, and how much I love my pup, and she is going to come to the office to put him under.  And to clean his teeth.  And that gives me some peace of mind.  I would kiss her if I could. 

Actually, I may kiss her.  Who knows.

Anyway, I know it will be okay.  I know it will be fine.  My breath just catches in my chest when I let my mind wander.  When I think of what my life would be like without my little muffin.


Thanks for your thoughts.

T

8 comments:

Love Cocktails and puppydog tails! said...

He is in my prayers for sure!!!!

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

ive never heard of this! Although I do know my dog hates when my mom tries to brush her teeth

good luck Louis!

Kori said...

I used to do that with my Mimi La Rue and was too afraid, so I have them cleaned without putting her under. Hope you can head over and check out my new linkup today! Have a fabulous Thursday. Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Ann said...

Duke and I will both be keeping Louis in our thoughts

Designs by Kara Kihm said...

Awwwwwww I will def be thinking of him. You know I've never brushed Leonard or Lucile's teeth. Maybe I should???????

Jess said...

Awh, Louis! Just think of how nice his breath will be when he wakes up!

Thinking of you two :)

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

T -

Am sure everything will be okay - but you might want to ask if he should be on a course of antibiotics - Derby was as a matter of precaution...I had his done in addition to being snipped-snipped. Poor guy had a lot done to him while under ... keep me posted - katie

Claire said...

Such a cute picture of your boy! I would be just as worried so best of luck during the teeth cleaning!