Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happiness Becomes Her

I was going to attempt to post a daily "I am Thankful" post.  I've failed miserably.  Not because I'm not thankful, of course, but because I'm so busy!!!  But, I am thankful that I'm busy because it means I have a job and so many fun things to do :)

So, today I'm going to play catch up.  I'm feeling especially happy today, and I'm going to tell you why:

  • I am going to be a mommy.  To a puppy.  It's for real.  We have an appointment with the breeder on  Saturday.  TEN made the appointment today, and I am coming home with a puppy.  We have spent most of today picking out names (thank you for all of your input MK...we couldn't have done it without you!).  A boy name and a girl name because we have no idea which of the puppies will end up leaving with us.  The pictures are all cute, but until you actually interact with one I don't think you know for sure which one should be yours.  Westies are rather noble characters I think, so we wanted the pup to have a strong and noble name.  If it's a girl we are going to name her Wellington Paisley Gray Mylastname and call her Wellie.  If it's a boy we are going to name him Louis Wyndham Kingsley Mylastname and call him Louis.  I'm partial to the girl name, of course, but I am not making any decisions until I meet them all. Granted, from the pictures I have selected this one already:




  • I have plans every night this week with friends.  None of it is work related, it's all fun and games.  I get to catch up with quite a few friends that I haven't seen in a while, and I am very thankful for that! 

  • TEN has gone back to the sleep doctor to get his results from his sleep study test.  I'm guessing he hasn't got anything life threatening, or they would have called him before now.  However, his last words to be before heading to the doctor were "I'm going to ask her about Breathe Right Strips".  Thank you baby Jesus.  That's really all I wanted from the beginning.

  • I am wearing a pair of corduroy pants today that haven't fit me in over a year.  I still can't fit "comfortably" into my favorite jeans of all time.  But, I'm apparently moving in the right direction and I'm not starving myself or exercising or doing anything differently I don't think?  I have been smiling all day about this!

So these are the things that are making me happy today.  I have some exciting news about Thanksgiving that I can't wait to share, but work is calling....so off I must go....

Smiles,

T

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious! I have a Westie (Daisy--she's 11). They are wonderful companions and loyal to fault. Daisy is quite stubborn, though. Congratulations!

Jenny DB said...

Umm, some people say having a bf makes you gain weight - i quite disagree.. you tend not to eat as much eating with other people.. you (or i, at least) tend not to drink as much because bf doesn't like sloppy gf... and well, there's the extra exercise - making out and all;)

BTW those are quite a mouthful on the dog names. Boy pups are easier to potty train than girls usually (or so has been our fam's experience) BUT there is something special about a lil girl pup too!! Good luck finding the perfect child.

MCW said...

That puppy is so freaking cute. And get a girl because I love the name Wellie!!! It is so perfect!

Jealous of all your plans...my next 2 weeks are pretty dead which is pretty unusual. I am kind of craving some wine...hmmmm...

MLD said...

I would kill for that "These pants havent fit in years" feeling.. but I have chalked it up to being in college aka A TOXIC ENVIRONMENT. I can get food until 3am when the drunk munchies set in.. no good for the waistline! The pup is adorable!

Rosalyn Kay said...

I LOVE that puppy! And the names are perfect. Can't wait to see which one you choose! Hope you have a fabulous week!

An American Girl in London said...

is there a wind fan on that dog? And if you name it either of those names, we'll have to re-do our own version of the Tea Partayy video and incorporate the dog. That is truly a southern royalty name.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I grew up with a Westie and just love love love them!!! Can't wait to "meet" your new little one!