The fabulous Leah from Thinking Out Loud bestowed upon me TWO awards. Oh yes, that's right. TWO AWARDS. Can you believe? I'm giddy. Just plain giddy. Leah, thank you ever so much for honoring me with two blog awards, and I'm so very excited to post my 10 things!!!
First, Leah awarded me with
The rules for The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award are to list 10 interesting facts about yourself and then tag 7 other bloggers.
Secondly, Leah awarded me the
The rules for the One Lovely Blog Award are to accept, post it on your blog and then tag 15 other bloggers.
Leah blended the two awards together, and posted 10 interesting facts about herself, and then awarded 15 bloggers BOTH awards. So, I'm going to follow suit :) I hope you don't mind my copying you Leah!
So, here are my 10 facts:
1. I have always wanted to have dark brown hair. I have blue eyes, and went to school with a girl who was 2 years older than me who had blue eyes and dark, dark, dark brown hair. One year I colored my hair brown. I didn't so much go to a stylist, I just did it at home. My hair turned green. It was terrible. I have not experimented with that ever again.
2. I am fiercely independent. I have a hard time asking for help, and I have a hard time letting people help me. I am for some reason under the impression that I need to prove to some invisible force that I am capable of doing everything myself. It really annoys my boyfriends. I am trying to learn to let people help me, because I am realizing that when someone cares about you they want to do things for you.
3. I am an only child. I always wanted brothers and sisters. I wanted a HUGE family. Since that isn't the way it worked out, I always dreamed of having about 10 kids so that my house would be full of them and their friends. At Thanksgiving and Christmas I imagined the house full of my children, their friends and their significant others. I'm not off to a very good start :( Hopefully the puppy will fill the house with love and laugher for now!
4. One of my favorite things to do is entertain. I know this is probably odd, considering I can't cook, but I adore it just the same! Whether it's hosting a game night, dinner night, or just a regular cocktail party...I am in heaven :) I like to see my friends smile. I like to introduce new people to each other, and watch them find out they have a lot in common. I like getting dressed up and acting fancy. If I could throw a party once a week I would be content!
5. I went to school to be a Veterinarian. I stayed in the program for 2 years before I realized that it was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The problem was that I had wanted to be a Veterinarian since I was 6 years old. I never stopped to re-assess the situation. I just assumed that was still what I wanted to be. Thanks Mother and Daddy for being understanding about that mishap!
6. I cannot stand to hike or camp. I was in the girl scouts years ago, and thought it was the bees knees. Now, however, I cannot imagine what I liked about it. I do like making fires...in the fireplace....but that's about all that stuck. I feel like everyone thinks hiking is "the thing to do". I hate that I don't like it, but I've tried to pretend and it didn't work out very well. Oh well!
7. I have a secret love affair with the mafia. I know it's nuts, but I always wanted to marry into the mob. I think this goes back to me being an only child, and having a small family. I think I was under the impression that marrying into the mob would give me an instant family. Of course, now that I'm older I also realize that my husband would probably own a strip club and cheat on me incessantly, but still....sometimes I think it would be really cool.
8. I don't clean my house. I haven't for years. I pay someone to do it. It's terrible of me, and lame and pretentious. I hear you. I know this. I just can't help it. I used to clean my house/apartment/townhouse from top to bottom every Sunday. I was the only person out of all of my roommates that would ever clean. I think I just overdid it all through college. I haven't cleaned my house in 5 years. For shame!
9. I didn't work for 6 months. This wasn't right after graduation or anything, it was directly in the middle of my grown up working life. The job I worked at for a year wanted to transfer me to the west coast. I had no interest in going for numerous reasons. My current job was being done away with. So, I was basically jobless. I took 6 months to "find myself". I wasn't really seeking out a job during this time, and it was the most amazing 6 months of my life. I volunteered, job searched a bit, soul searched and visited friends. Basically I figured out who I was and what I wanted. I would NEVER have done this voluntarily, because I wouldn't have had the guts. I am so very thankful every single day of my life that I had that time though. It brought me to where I am today. AND...while I was without a job...I still paid someone to clean my house! See, I told you. I'm terrible :(
10. I cannot live without manicures and pedicures. This was something else I learned while on my 6 month hiatus. No matter how "put together" I may appear to others, I feel like a wreck without my nails done. Gosh, I really sound high maintenance don't I? YIKES!
Okay, now it's time for me to tag 15 bloggers with both of these awards. Here's the thing..I do like tagging people, because I think it's really nice to be tagged. However, maybe I don't read enough blogs? OR...perhaps I'm just the last one to get tagged sometimes? I have the hardest time tagging bloggers that I read that haven't already been tagged with these awards. And then I feel like I'm tagging the same people over and over. If I'm tagging you to death, please bare with me...okay?
So, here goes nothing....I'm going to try to make sure I don't tag anyone who has been tagged before...and I hope I succeed!
MCW from Saving The Best For Last (fingers crossed) (i know you have been tagged w/the Sugar Doll award, but I didn't see the One Lovely Blog award!)
Kate from Nautical by Nature (kate i know you have to have these already, but i couldn't find them??)
Faith Hope Love (i know you have the One Lovely Blog award..but congrats on the Sugar Doll award!)