Louis has recovered from his scare Monday night when the ceiling fan came tumbling down, and he was bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. He knew he was going to "The Klub"!
I try not to say things like "the klub", "the dog park", and "Auntie Daisy's" unless he will be going there in the next 30 minutes or so. He gets so excited, and he is a bit hard to manage until I can get him into the car. On my way in to work this morning I pondered what it was that Louis gets so excited about. Is day care at The Klub really THAT much fun? So much fun that it warrants back flips and fits of excitement as he runs through the house?
I remembered that The Klub has a facebook page :) And that they load pictures daily. And I immediately went to this facebook page to see what my little man has been up to that's got him so excited.
This is the first little face I saw:
(Woah! Louis is apparently not the only puppy who is excited to be at day care!)
(there is my sweet muffin :)
(chilling with the more "distinguished" crew)
(a bit of volley ball with the young bucks)
(the Terrier Group hanging together)
(great minds think alike)
(later in the afternoon the signs of exhaustion begin to show)
(i have no idea what is going on here, but it totally helps me better understand the state of exhaustion he is in when i pick him up)
(and why he cannot even hold his head up for the ride home)
Someone sent the following to me recently, and I wanted to share it with you. Even though there is a hint of sadness in these words, they also warmed my heart :) I was reminded of how much I mean to my little guy.
I am his world.
And that is quite an honor!
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS
by Claudia Duque
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.
T & Louis