Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Hiding My Feet Under My Desk Today

It's the last day of my selling quarter, so I'm super busy at work.  BUT...just wanted to share a little funny with you....

I picked out a cute outfit for today.  A blue and white tunic, Seven for All Mankind jeans, red coach flats with a gold buckle, a red necklace and a red, white & blue headband.  I was up early, so I spent some extra time playing fetch with Louis in the back yard this morning. 

When it was time to head to the office I hopped in my car and called Daisy (we usually catch up on our morning drives into work).  We chatted all the way to work.  I got out of my car and walked to my office building.  I got onto the elevator with another girl, and when we arrived at my floor I smiled and said "have a wonderful day!".  She smiled back.  She also glanced at my feet.  I stepped off of the elevator knowing that she was most likely admiring my fabulous Coach flats :)

I looked down (because I enjoy admiring their cuteness too!), and let me just tell you what I saw:


No cute red Coach flats.  Ugly orange Crocs!!!!!!  EGADS!  I have worn my Crocs to work :-o  How did I not realize this??

So much for my cute outfit :(

T

10 comments:

Jess said...

Haha! The other day I walked out of the house wearing two different shoes! It was own of my proudest moments.

At least your outfit is cute :)

mrs.mfc said...

Now the real test.... you just left to go let the pup out. Will you remember to switch shoes while you're home?! Can't wait to see :) hehehehehe

DIMH said...

Oh no!!! I wore these khaki pants today that I loathe, so I'm trying to avoid walking around the office...

Anonymous said...

OMG, I've done that! I've gotten here in either Crocs or flip flops...oops!! Hope your day improves, it's gorgeous here in Capital City, Va!

Emily Kathleen said...

Hahaha! At least the rest of your outfit is still fabulous!

Louis must have distracted you with his cuteness this morning! Sometimes I walk past Poe in the morning and he's being so cute I have to stop and play...and then I end up rushing out of the house late!

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Heehee! OOPS! I do that all the time, seriously. One day when I went into the office this winter I looked down to see UGG slippers. Oh, and not just UGG slippers, but PINK UGG slippers. Thank goodness no meetings that day. I did the same thing and hid my feet under the desk all day. :) XO

MCW said...

At least they are comfy!
I went to a meeting in one black heel and one navy, 2 different heights. Embarrassing.

undomestic mama said...

You're too funny! I thought you were going to have two different shoes on :)

Jenny DB said...

OH MY GOSH TOO FUNNY!!! sorry i know it's all about comfort but i really can't stand crocs hehe although i'm sure anythign looks cute on you. when joe and i first started dating he had them on to go meet my (stylish) girlfriends for the first time. it was too early for me to insist he change his shoes so i tackled him for some couch snuggle time (shoes off) and then sneakily HID HIS CROCS.. he was so confused like where did my shoes go?? I played stupid and grabbed his other shoes for him. mwahahaha i am so proud of this moment.

JKC said...

hahahha this reminds me of the time i got to work & realized i didn't have on a BRA! how embarrassing.