Imagine my surprise when I arrived home from my lovely vacation to find I've been crowned a socialite!!!!
Charmed, I'm sure :)
Thank you ever so much Bethany from Maryland Pink and Green for bestowing this great honor upon me. I'm speechless. Well, perhaps not completely, of course....
Click on the above button and paste onto your blog/website
Answer the questions below
Pass onto 10 bloggers that you Love, go to their blog and let them know they've been tagged
1. Who is your style icon? C.Z. Guest
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? I don't really read socialite lit...but my absolutely favorite book EVER about socialites, and where it all began, is High Society.
3. Favorite party theme? Red, White & Blue
4. Go to Halloween costume? I don't really have a "go to" Halloween costume. I ADORE HALLOWEEN. I always have a new costume. Every. Single. Year. My friends and I start planning our costumes mid-summer. I've been so many different things, and have always kept each and every costume! Anytime a friend can't decide what to be for Halloween, they come shopping at T's house. It's like a Halloween costume shop after all of these years :)
5. Extravagance you cannot live without? Nice hand bags. My mother once told me that investing in a nice hand bag was never a mistake. If you take care of them, and they are classic, you will be set for life!
6. Living person you admire? Lynn Wyatt. Just read about everything she has experienced in her life in New York Magazine. To have that much money, and to be so "famous", but to be known as someone so kind. To never speak ill of those who speak ill of you, and your love ones. I aspire to be someone that others can say that same thing about. (well, yes, the millions would be nice...but it's the nice part i'm after at this point :)
7. Greatest Fear? That I am not doing with my life what God has intended. That somehow I've taken the wrong path and don't realize it. That there is something wonderful I am supposed to be doing with my life...and I'm not.
8. Trait you deplore in yourself? I'm going to borrow this one from Bethany because it is truly my answer as well.......Being overly critical of myself:(
9. Which talent would you most like to have? I would love to be able to sing. To have a beautiful voice! Not to be a famous singer or anything like that, but just to be able to sing without knowing that people are thinking "awww..listen to that poor tone deaf girl try to sing" :(
10. Greatest Achievement? Taking care of my father when he needed me most.
Now, I'm going to pass this award on to 10 other bloggers that I enjoy reading every day! Before passing this award on, I thought I should probably brush up on the definition of a socialite. This is what I found:
A socialite is a person who participates in social activities and spends a significant amount of time entertaining and being entertained.
Well, that surely does define me! I believe there is a little bit more to it (like having gobs of money and marrying someone with even more gobs of money), but let's just pretend...shall we?
Alrighty then, gather round, I hereby crown the following bloggers socialites:
mrs.mfc (let me just tell you this young lady is one of the best hostesses i know! i've learned so very much from her :)
Meg from The Way I See It (meg is currently planning a party for 1,100 people...and if that doesn't = socialite status i don't know what does! someone also recently blogged about her blog recently...which is so fabulous!)
Whitney from The Pink & Green Puppy (whitney has a puppy, loves pink & green and pearls and monograms...need I say more?)
Blackeyed Susan from Susan in the South (susan finds the CUTEST clothes for both she and her beau before I even know they have been put on the racks. she has great style, and loves horse races. she's a shoe in...obvi)
Laurnie from Some Wine With Cheese (because she's neat. and cool. and i like to know what's she's up to. always :)
MCW from Saving the Best For Last (because she lives in NYC. and goes on dates that result in great stories. and has amazingly cool friends...from what i can tell anyway. and because a little part of me wants to be her. so there!)
Brittney from Running in High Heels (because she's beautiful, and kind, and smart, and strong. she, much like many socialites, is going through a tough time. she has handled her situation so very gracefully, and with such class, that i want her to know how much i respect her for that. because it hasn't been easy. i know...)
Polka Dots and Protein Bars (because she's fashionable, and a designer, and witty, and one of the first bloggers i started following...which should tell you she really is worth knowing! ha! she's awesome, and she was featured in a magazine for her designs. TAKE THAT TORI BURCH. just kidding. hugs tori!)
MRM from Preppy Girl Meets World (because she's a jet setter, and a shopper with impeccable style, and she has nerve, and she's a strong woman, and she's funny, and i want to win her give away and am hoping this will give me another entry or two...JUST KIDDING!!!! REALLY..well, mostly :)
Lauren from Lovely Life of Lauren (lauren is a new blog read for me, but someone i've actually met IRL. pretty exciting, considering i haven't had the honor of meeting most of my bloggy friends. lauren has great style, precious pups, a stellar man and keeps me in the loop on some of the latest trends and styles. so glad we found each other!)
Congratulations ladies! Don't forget to curtsey :)