(photo from weatherunderground.com)
Smalltown, VA is absolutely beautiful today!! We had quite the storm last night, but today it's bright and sunny. A little cool, but that's okay :)
I feel like I'm behind again, and I'm thinking another Short List is called for. So, here goes:
1. Last Friday TEN and I went back to our alma mater to meet up with some friends from out of town for dinner and drinks. I specifically said to TEN: "TEN, we are not going to go to the bars, correct? Because if we do then I need to change out of this maxi dress so that I look hot." TEN specifically said to me "No T, we will have a relaxing night and just visit with JLB and The Juggler". Why then did I find myself in ALL of the college bars I used to frequent? Why then did I find myself meeting TEN's old college roommate in front of TOTS? Why then did I find myself doing shots with TEN's fraternity brothers? Hmmmm....
(TEN and I giving The Hooptie Ride a TWO THUMBS UP!)
2. Saturday was Daisy's pup's 10th birthday. She had a lovely cookout to celebrate. Lots of friends came to Daisy's, and we watched some important basketball game of which I paid ZERO attention.
3. Post cookout, TEN and I rushed Louis to the Emergency Vet. I have already covered that, so moving right along....
4. Sunday was Easter, and I've already covered that, so moving right along....
5. Monday I cooked dinner!! I did not take a picture, which is sad, but I made this Mexican Chili concoction. It was tasty! TEN and I gobbled up our supper and proceeded to fall asleep on the couch. At like 9:30. We were both exhausted from the weekend.
6. Tuesday I decided it was time. Time to mow the lawn for the first time this year. Time to quit being "that neighbor" who's yard is in shambles. I decided I would mow the lawn, trim the hedges and weed eat (is that written correctly? it looks funny!). First, I'm missing a piece of the mower that holds a screw in on the part you push. I will NOT be deterred! I will hold the screw in myself while I mow. Apparently I didn't hold it tightly enough. I'm on my hands and knees in 2ft. high grass looking for the screw. Next door neighbor comes over to "fix" the mower. Please observe Exhibit A:
(yes, that would be a COAT HANGER holding my lawn mower together)
The weed eater was out of string, and I couldn't find the hedge clippers. Sigh. At least the lawn is mowed.
7. Wednesday night I went to look for wedding dresses with The Voice of Reason and Barbie! I posted on my Facebook that I was excited to be looking at wedding dresses with J&B, and then cooking out with my beau. Everyone thought I was getting married, and the comments were out of control. Wow. Nice to know everyone will be really excited when I do get engaged one day :) hahaha... TEN and I grilled filets and potatoes on the grill when I got home. Mmmmmmm.....tasty!
8. Last night it was raining cats & dogs, so TEN and I met up with Daisy for a few drinks. We've both had really long & stressful weeks at work. Nothing terrible, just seems it's feast or famine these days! We went home to play with Louis, and found him snuggled up with his Easter Duck!
Louis LOVES the easter duck that Katie, Julep & Derby from Westie Julep sent to him. It is by far his favorite :) The little guy needs to be groomed and cleaned up a bit, but I'm not touching him until he's 100% healed!
Tonight I'm off to a Little Red Dress Party. It is a fundraiser for a local organization. I adore getting dressed up :)
Have a lovely weekend, and don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE. All entries must be received by Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 5PM EST.