Just dropping in to say hi and to give you a little update :)
- The beach was glorious. SO MUCH FUN. However, my bum is looking a little like this at the moment:
In a bad way. As in a cherry tomato red way :( I'm finally able to sit down, so I think I'm going to survive!
- There were a group of guys at the beach that we hung out with. The one I ended up talking to was 20. Shoot me now! I'm trying to go UP in age, not DOWN....
- I am the owner of a new beach chair. Not JUST a beach chair. The beach chair to rival all beach chairs. Tommy Bahama says so :) It is not only a chair, it is also a cooler. It is ALSO a satchel. And finally, it is ALSO a backpack. Seriously? Yep. Seriously. Go ahead and be envious, it's okay :)
- While I was at the beach I missed my Flirt! class. Daisy made the class up on Tuesday, so she proceeded to attempt to teach H and I what we had missed. Ummm...yea. Apparently it was "wall dance" night. This week is "lap dance" night. What have I gotten myself into?
- When I picked up Louis on Saturday he was exhausted. I love when he gets to play with his little friends and gets gobs of exercise. My house is pretty low key, although we do play fetch and stuff. Anyway, after 3 days of playing with his friends (one of which is also a westie called Finlay) he was ready for nap time:
(he slept for 8 hours straight!)
- Saturday night was a cocktail party/cook out at a friends house. I rocked a white shorts romper. You heard it here first folks! T is a fan of the romper. I already own 2 of them, but they are pants rompers. Never expected to see myself sporting the shorts version, but..... when you loose a significant amount of weight and realize that your body pretty much resembles what you looked like in college you've got to take advantage of it my friends! So, I did :) I can't really find any good pictures of me wearing it, but here's the idea....
-Sunday's sermon at church was another good one! Very thought provoking for sure. What I took away from it was to quit looking for "signs" in life from God. God has given you directions on how to make the best decisions for yourself. The decisions HE wants you to make. So why then do I keep looking for signs? Right before the sermon was prayer time. I asked God if this time he could put a big red bow on Mr. Right so that I didn't overlook him. I tend to do that. Focus on Mr. Right Now, rather than Mr. Right. A big red bow would be really helpful. Then, the sermon commenced and it was as if God was saying "T, seriously? You are no dummy. I will not tie a big red bow on Mr. Right because you are smart enough to recognize him. It's up to you to stop wasting your time on these silly little Mr. Right Nows who you get tired of when the novelty wears off. Haven't you learned that by now? Get it together girl!" And so, I'm going to do that. I'm going to get it together. I don't care what the palm reader tells me...I'm not going to believe her. (Did I ever tell you guys that story? The one about the palm reader?) Because let's be serious, whether or not you are a Christian. Whether or not you believe that God has a plan for you. You can't seriously tell me that you believe in palm readers! Can you?
- Sunday night was movie night. Three movies were viewed at T's house and I've got three Seersucker Suit Movie Reviews coming your way!
Hope your weekend was lovely. I'm rocking my yellow wellies today. Paddington Bear is in the house:)
I like seersucker. I like boys with manners. Boys with manners, who are honest and kind. I like westie pups. I like pretty frocks and fancy purses. TEN is the one who makes me smile, and together we stumble through life trying to enjoy all it has to offer :)