- Outside "After 5" event with a group of friends Friday night
(L, Daisy, me, The Voice of Reason and Barbie)
- Dinner with friends and then drinks far too late into the night....
- Woke up Saturday morning to find that Louis ate my cell phone. It was in pieces. It didn't work...AT ALL. I don't know how he got it off of the table, but it was a goner :(
- T is the proud owner of a new Blackberry Curve. I have never wanted a Blackberry. Never. But now I have one. Because change is good. And I need to just jump right in and figure out the next chapter of my life. And I'm going to do it with a Blackberry in my hand. And everything is going to be just fine.
- Brunch with one of my favorite couples on Saturday morning and mimosas on the patio.
- Louis cuddle time on Saturday afternoon.
- Wine and Smores on the patio with some friends Saturday night
(I want one of these fire pits, they are awesome!!)
- Sunday morning church with another group of friends. I can't wait to visit this church again. It's completely different than "my church", and I mean that in a good way. Lots of young people. Not at all pretentious. Just a group of people wanting to have a relationship with God, and with each other.
- I met a bloggy friend at church. Such a small world! She came up to me and said "Desperately Seeking Seersucker!" and I said "her blog name", and it was awesome. She's absolutely lovely, and I look forward to getting to know her in real life :)
- Brunch after church with friends. It's amazing to me how blessed I am! I have so many different groups of friends from all different aspects of my life. I plan to spend the next few months working on growing and nurturing these friendships. Any relationship needs love and attention and effort, or it will just fade away. I don't want that to happen with any of these people because they are so important to me. So special. Such GOOD people. AND...they have kept a constant smile on my face ALL WEEKEND LONG. And that, my friends, is something :)
- A new-ish friend was at brunch on Sunday and he has his pilots license. He said "hey, let's fly to Vegas". Babbo Natale shrugged her shoulders and I thought "why not?". He says he's going to show me how to fly...because I'm terrified of it. I do it all the time, but I'm terrified. I don't know if that will ever happen, but it gave me the most wonderful feeling of freedom....and I liked that :) Besides, how could you not giggle at the thought of Babbo Natalie, me and new-ish friend flying around in a small aircraft on our way to Vegas. Okay, maybe it isn't such a good idea....
- Sunday evening I started packing for the beach. I also did a lot of reflecting on what I had learned over the weekend. Sunday's sermon was amazing. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I also heard some other little quotes, if you will, that were exactly what I needed to hear. I think I just need to be constantly reminded that I'm doing the right thing. That this is how it is supposed to be. And if you find yourself in a place where you aren't so sure anymore, just repeat after me:
"Never allow someone to be your priority, while allowing yourself to be their option."
"Missing someone is far different from loving the person still."
Then again, you may have already seen these quotes if you are following me on Twitter. Yes, I'm tweeting. I can't promise that it will last, but this new Blackberry is entertaining at the moment. Follow me at DSSeersucker http://twitter.com/DSSeersucker.