Classic Annie has bestowed upon me the Stylish Blogger Award. How thrilled am I?!?!
Thank you so much Annie :)
Now, here are the rules....
1. link to the blogger(s) who gave the award
2. share 7 facts about yourself
3. pass the award on to 15 ladies
7 Facts About T
1. I have 4 calendars. Yes, 4. I do not use my blackberry calendar. Or my outlook calendar. I have two wall calendars, a daytimer and a "paperberry" (paper wallet size calendar that I carry in my purse at all times). My paperberry contains EVERYTHING. My daytimer is for work, mainly. My two wall calendars (one at home and one in my office) are personal + birthdays + out of town for work. I know it's confusing as can be, but it works. And if it aint broke, don't fix it :)
2. I am obsessed with meditating on things that I feel will make me a better person lately. Not that I'm a terrible person or anything, but I'm trying to appreciate the little things. Be more of a leader. Not lose my temper as easily. Not take things for granted. You know what I'm saying.
I follow @RevRun on Twitter. He tells me good things every day. I also have this deck of cards that Marilyn Monroe gave me called "If Life is a Game, These are the Rules". I read a new card each day. Today's card says:
"Give yourself permission to do what you want."
I like that one! I also hijack quotes and sayings and what have you off of each of your blogs. I have them written on post-its around my office. As reminders. And I'm trying to focus on one thing each day. The idea is that soon enough these things will become a part of my life automatically; without me even concentrating on them.
3. I've been watching a lot of TV lately. This is not common for me at all. I used to watch Criminal Minds (ahhhh...Dr. Spencer Reid), NCIS, Gossip Girl and The Real Housewives of _________. That's it. But now...I'm watching Pitchmen, Ax Men, Storage Wars, Modern Family, Downton Abbey and more! Is it just the winter blues that's got me on the couch watching the tube? Or, am I becoming a couch potato? Lord only knows.
4. This isn't really something you don't know about me, but I'm in love with learning to cook. I want to cook every single day. I'm still learning, and not very good at just "flying by the seat of my pants", but I love it none the less!
(perhaps if i put down the wine i would be retaining more of what i'm learning???)
My dear friend Katie (who has two fabulous westies & a blog) has shared some of her cookbooks with me. And I read them. As if they were novels! I literally read them and visualize cooking each meal. I rank them in the order I want to try them. I want to have dinner parties every night. It's gotten a bit out of control.
I think part of the problem is that we've not had cooking class for 2 weeks! The last two Wednesdays our schedules have now afforded us the chance to get together. It's Marilyn Monroe's turn to teach us something. I have another bunch of cookbooks to share with the girls (thank you Katie!), and I'm dying to look at them. But I haven't even opened the box. I was waiting for the girls. Sigh....
5. I am slightly intimidated by "touch phones". Scratch that. I'm literally terrified of them :( You know...iPhones, Droids, the like.
(gaaahhhh! where are the buttons?!??!?!)
I do not like them, and I do not want one. And I am afraid that I am going to be left behind. The only girl who doesn't have one :( How can I get the "stylish blogger award" if I'm a scardey pants when it comes to touch phones? Which are stylish? Oh my....
6. Speaking of phones....I abhor talking on the phone. Have I told you this before? I can't recall. Anyway, I cannot stand to talk on the phone. I don't answer my cell half of the time. It isn't because I don't like YOU, it's because I'd rather you text and tell me where to meet you for a cocktail. So that we can talk in person. Or, if you live far away...send me an e-mail :) I want to catch up with you, but I don't need a 30 minute conversation with you today if I just saw you yesterday. Is that wrong of me?
I know that girls are supposed to LOVE talking on the phone. Am I an anomaly? Does anyone else feel this way? I said last night "sometimes I wish I could just toss my blackberry into the lake". And I meant it. And that scared me. Just a little bit.
7. I am currently obsessed with the Plain White T's song Rhythm of Love. It makes me want to smile. And laugh. And just be. It actually reminds me of my very first boyfriend in high school. I don't know why, but it does. Have you heard it? If not, here have a listen...
Now, I will award the Stylish Blog Award to 15 bloggers.
Angela from Belles & Bows
Elizabeth from Biz & the Bungalo
Candy from Candyland
Dating is My Hobby
Dee from Dee's Adventures
Rachel from Dinner Bells
Dixie Gator Gal
E from E, Myself & I
Flip Flops on Lex
Garden State Prep
Twenty-Something Blonde from Growing Up Blonde
REBrown from How Now Brown Cow
Ashley from Kiwis and Cocktails
Love Jenny xoxo
Rachel from My Life as Seen Through My Blackberry
Preppy Girl Meets World
The Bee Charmer
Through Rose Colored Glasses
I think I tagged more than 15 people. Oh well! Here's the thing...you are ALL stylish in my book :) If I didn't like your style, I wouldn't follow your blog.
Can't wait to see what those of you tagged answer.