I was just reading City Dreamer's post HERE about feeling melancholy. That is the perfect word. Melancholy. My reasons are different than hers, but I feel melancholy. My smiles are fake. My energy is fake. Everything is fake right now. And I'm tired of pretending.
But, I haven't a clue what would make me really smile. Perhaps I need to pack my bags and charge a vacay to the islands on my credit card?
STOP. SEE NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION.
No can do.
Louis is on the melancholy train too:
I'm also very easily irritated lately. For example. let's talk passwords.
For work I have an e-mail password, a database password and another password for this HR/timesheet submitting nonsense. Anyway, I've got three. That is on top of the passwords in my life outside of work (read: facebook, gmail, banking, bill pay, etc.)
I tend to use the same password for everything. It's easier that way :) Sometimes I add a "1" after it. Sometimes I capitalize the first letter. But it's basically the same word. That way I can always remember my password. I may have to try a few things, but it's not too hard to figure out.
My company has decided that we are protecting International Secrets or something. I got an e-mail on Monday telling me it was time again to change my password. So I did. And it was REJECTED! I hit "info". Get a load of what popped up:
Hosting Password Policy :
1. At least three characters of the following four categories:
English uppercase characters (A through Z)
English lowercase characters (a through z)
Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
Sample : gOO$gL3 , M1cr0$0fT
2. Must change password every 90 days.
3. Minimum password length is 7 characters.
4. Cannot contain more than 3 characters of the username; i.e., user tjones@xyz cannot have password Tjones123.
5. Minimum password age is one day , (i.e , you cannot use a password changed in the same day ).
6. Can not use any of the past 4 passwords. .
7. Account will lock out after 5 failed attempts.
8. Account will lock out for 30 minutes in case of a lockout.
9. Account will unlock after 30 minutes in case of a lockout.
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! And this is for THREE different programs.
Wanna know what I did? I followed their rules. And then I wrote down my super secret password on a post-it and stuck it to the side of my monitor. So I won't forget it. How's that for security?
I'm warning you...Snarky McSnarkersons lives here right now :-o