Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Inbox...


Let's log on to Match.com and see what potential dates I have in my inbox, shall we?

Match #1
There is a new potential who has winked at me. Let's go read his profile! Okay, there are a few problems here. First, no photo. Second...well...see for yourself. (ps. i'm posting all of his real information because i'm pretty sure he's cheating on his wife. if he isn't, he still deserves it.)

knighttalldark
momentarily yours
-------------------------------

30-year-old man
Smalltown, Virginia, United States
seeking women 18-35
within 50 miles of Smalltown, Virginia, United States
Relationships: Never Married
Have kids: Yes, and sometimes they live at home (1)
Want kids: Not sure
Ethnicity: Native American, White / Caucasian
Body type: Athletic and toned
Height: 5'11" (180cms)
Religion: No Answer
Smoke: No Way
Drink: No Answer


The man of your dreams with no attachments is J Godknight. I seeek mutual time shared and pleasure. Nothing long term. I will not come home to meet your parents. I will however leave you wanting more.

I think it's safe to say we will be deleting Mr. Godknight from the potential list.

Match #2
Looking for a golfing partner!!!
-----------------------------------------
Relationships: Never Married
Have kids: None
Want kids: Someday (2)
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Body type: Athletic and toned
Height: 6'3" (190cms)
Religion: Christian / Other
Smoke: No Way
Drink: Social drinker, maybe one or two


I'm just looking to see what women are out there. I like to workout and I play a variety of sports. I love to do things that get the adrenalin going. I'm the type of guy that likes to have fun date out or have a relaxing evening at the house. I'm looking for an intelligent and ambitious woman. Looks are important (that initial attraction) but they aren't everything. A plus would be a woman that works out and likes sports.

His picture is okay. You never call tell 100% from these pictures really, so I'm going to give him the okay. I don't like to work out or play sports, but that's okay. He's 32. Oh look! He's e-mailed me. Let's see what he says:

I tried IMing you and could not get you so I'm emailing you. I would like to chat and learn more about you. Maybe we can do that soon. I hope you are having a good day. Bye for now.

I don't hang out on Match.com, so the IMing function doesn't generally work for me. That's okay. I will e-mail him back to say hello. He lives a little over an hour away from me, but that's not a problem.

Match #3
I am looking for that one lady out there that wants to be treated like like a queen, but wont let it go to her head...
-----------------
Relationships: Divorced
Have kids: Yes, and sometimes they live at home (3)
Want kids: Not sure
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Body type: About average
Height: 6'2" (187cms)
Religion: Jewish
Smoke: No Way
Drink: Social drinker, maybe one or two


Hmmm....does he really think there is only ONE woman out there that wants to be treated like a queen and won't let it go to her head? I don't think so. Also, he's Jewish. Not that I have a problem with Jewish people at all, but I don't see myself converting any time soon. Is that important to him? He has left the "religion" section blank on what he is looking for. Perhaps it doesn't matter to him? I've clearly marked myself as Christian: Episcopalian.

We have e-mailed once before. Just the regular hello and such. He's sent me another message, let's see:

No worries. How was the ball? I have a friend that went. It was a warm weekend. The hike was fun. I always end up going to fast when I am by myself. This coming weekend is my weekend with my kids. I am free next weekend though if you end up with any free time then. If you ever get a wed or thu night free, I bartend at a little restaurant in SuperSmalltown, VA. The food is good, and the people are cool when it is busy. I hope that your week is going well! ttyl

Okay, so I can drive an hour to see him at his bar tending job. Looks like that is the option he is presenting me with. Am I reading this correctly? He's self employed, so perhaps he just likes the bar tending gig twice a week because it's fun? I'm not sure about this one. What is this "ttyl" thing? Does it mean "Talk To You Later"? I know he has 3 children (uggh!), so perhaps he's picked up this text messaging lingo from them? It's bound to happen. We won't judge him too harshly.

I'm not sure about this. I could always grab my fabulous single girlfriend Daisy and drive down for a drink. I'm sure she would sign up to be my partner in crime! But, do I want to? Is Match #3 a potential for this girl?

What do YOU think?

T

4 comments:

An American Girl in London said...

NO...girls that go to a bar to see a guy they are not dating seems a little desperate to me...unless you HAPPEN to be in the area with some friends and do the drop by. get a real date.

An American Girl in London said...

i mean, like get him to give you a real date...haha that last line before sounded harsher than i meant,

Melia said...

Ouch, that did sound harsh! :)

An American Girl in London said...

haha yeah sorry...its been a bit of a rough week in london...and its only tuesday..awesome