Friday, February 6, 2009

Question....

One of my best girlfriends does a little blogging herself. I just read a post of hers and it made me realize two things:

1. I am not alone on my quest to find Mr. Right
2. I am not the only girl with a lot going for her that keeps failing at relationships

My girlfriend, Drinks Well With Others, is beautiful. Inside and outside. Guys love her. They want to meet her, dance with her, date her. So, what's the problem? She doesn't like them. No, no...she doesn't like women, she just doesn't like any of the men that like her.

Drinks Well With Others, like me, tends to find the men who are perfect for us when we are out of town. We click with these men immediately! We can't get enough of them!

Here's the question....are we setting ourselves up? If the same exact guy lived in Smalltown, VA would we like him just as much? Or...is it possible that we allow ourselves to fall for these guys because we already know there is no possible way it will work? Thoughts?

T

2 comments:

Melia said...

I think you hit the nail on the head.... neither of you would be interested in those guys if they were here in *smalltown*. Let those guys hang out at cstone a few weeks and you would be over them. Quick. Just my opinion :)

And about the earl... everyone seems better in another country. But I'm sure he is delightful.

jlmargs said...

i disagree. 1. the guy i met out of town would still blow every guy at cstone out of the water. and 2. much of the attraction to guy met while out of town was that he would NEVER hang out at cstone.