Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Forever?

Have you ever had a friend that you knew would ALWAYS be a friend? The type that you just couldn't imagine NOT having in your life when you were 85? The type of friend that you knew you would take holidays with....kids at the beach, skiing in the winter....or just you and your significant others when the kids were off at school? You knew that you would learn to play bridge together, and learn to knit together, and grow old together. As friends.

It's so sad when something happens. Something that doesn't even feel very big, but somehow it becomes big. Something that makes it all different. Something that puts this huge barrier between the two of you and you realize it one day, and there really isn't any going back.

I was perusing Faith Carter's blog Letters from a College Student just now, and I came across this quote:

“I’d always thought we’d be friends forever. Well, forever just got a lot shorter than I expected.”

My heart just stopped. It says it all. Part of me wants to send it to her. Part of me doesn't.

T

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have had that a few year ago... it was a hard friend breakup!

Melia said...

Ouch. Glad this isn't about me ;) I'm going to do my best to stay on your good side!! Ha!

Blackeyed Susan said...

Oh no:( I'm sorry about the friend drama, that little phrase seems like one that could burn some bridges though, I would stay clear! Just give it a while to cool down whether that is a couple months or a couple or a couple years. Things will look up;)

Little Ms Blogger said...

I sometimes believe it is harder to break up with a friend than a boyfriend.

MCW said...

Ugh...that is just the worst feeling. A deep, sad pit...I would send it to her.