Thursday, September 3, 2009

Speaking of Shoes....

....I finally purchased a pair to wear in MK's wedding!  The shoes with the bow that were my favorite were no longer available :( 

(I love you j.crew shoe that i wanted so desperately!)
So, I continued to hunt and came across another J. Crew heel that I liked almost as much!!  I found this heel on ebay, and it was MUCH less than on J. Crew's site, of course.  So, the shoes I will be wearing for MK's wedding are:
(J. Crew Fleur Suede Pump)
They look fabulous with the rich eggplant color of the bridesmaid's dresses.  The dress fits wonderfully, and I'm most excited for October 17 to get here!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a not so exciting note....
I tried on the bridesmaid's dress for WIMP's wedding as well.  It is the exact same size as the dress for MK's wedding, but made by a different company.  Apparently it is a company that doesn't believe in letting people breathe while wearing their frocks.  Let me just tell you....IT TOOK BOTH GIRLS TO GET ME INTO THIS DRESS!!!!!!!  Whatever am I going to do?  The wedding is September 19 (2 weeks away) and I can't fit into the dress.  Gaahhh!  So, I've embarked upon a starvation diet.  Yesterday was my first day.  I didn't eat all day.  I then decided to go out for cocktails.  Bad idea. Today I had to have a little bit of breakfast so that I could function.  But that's all I've had.  I'm going to try desperately to lose 5-8lbs. in order to fit COMFORTABLY into this dress on September 19.  I know it's a stupid idea, and not healthy at all, but I don't know what else to do:(
Please say a prayer for me!
T

P.S. When I look at this blog in "Edit Posts" it's spaced beautifully and is easy to read.  When I post it blogger screws it all up and squished it together.  I am NOT a fan of blogger these days!!!!

4 comments:

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Love the shoes! Maybe you can have the dress taken out some? I was in a wedding where I bought the dress in the fall and by the next summer I had gained like 12-15 pounds (in my defense, when I got fitted for the dress, I was going through a really bad break up and wasn't eating AT ALL)! So I took it to the alteration lady at the bridal shop and she was able to let it out a few inches right at the zipper. It fit so much better after that!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Oh and she was able to do it 24 hours before the wedding! Since I live in CA and the wedding was in GA, the weekend I flew home was the first time I had tried on the dress since ordering it!! Yikes!

I was so scared I wouldn't be able to fit into it, but they worked wonders there! Try it - it's better than starving yourself :)

MCW said...

I just wore an eggplant color dress and my yellow J.Crew shoes today!!! Love the color combo...

I hear you with the dress. I had a bridesmaid dress taken in and tried it on on a Wednesday. Fit perfect. Then the monthly visitor came on Friday and the dress no longer fit my chest. All of the pictures are so embarrassing because I am literally popping out.

Don't eat any carbs for 2 weeks. At all. Weight will come off...

Anonymous said...

I think I love the "replacement" shoes more than the first ones! Good luck with the dress -- I'd think you could have it taken out a little in 2 weeks time.