Friday, September 25, 2009

I Was Definitely Born in the Wrong Decade...

Smalltown, VA has a fabulous event every winter.  It's a masquerade ball. 

Personally, I think the preparations for the ball are the most fun.  Finding a dress, shoes, accessories and most importantly a mask!  MK and I have begun our search for the perfect ball gown already.  Today we have both been perusing dress shops online in hopes of finding something that sparks our interest.  AND THEN....

I found the most glorious website EVER!  It's called Vintageous and the gowns are TO DIE FOR!!  I believe I was meant to have been born in the 50's.  I love all of the frocks.  EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM.  Well, there are a few that I might pass on, but you get the point.  Of course someone has taken it upon themselves to buy up most of my faves.  And then...to make it worse...someone decided to leave their pictures posted so I keep getting excited only to find out they are already sold :(

Here are some of my absolutely faves:












And then I found this dress.  Wouldn't it be perfect for my red/white/blue themed wedding that may or may not happen one day? 




Happy Weekend!

T

6 comments:

MCW said...

I love the 3rd one down...I think you could so pull that off with up to date shoes and jewels!

Beth Dunn said...

I know me too. I would have fit in the 60's perfectly. Makes me want to design my own clothes. xoxo

Blackeyed Susan said...

those dresses are gorgeous!!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

What an incredible site! I'm drooling over those gowns!

JKC said...

i'm so glad you're planning for the ball already too. i felt like a loser for having picked out my dress already...but now i feel much better:) i'll have to send you a pic of mine. what are you going to be for halloween? saw that you got your costume! LOVE

TudorCity Girl said...

Nice!! Fun to plan for.
I wish I had something to get all dressed up for... I actually love that last dress!