Thursday, February 17, 2011

Easy as Pie...or...Broccoli & Cheese Chicken Casserole

I told you yesterday that Louis was at "puppy daycare".  What I didn't tell you was that he was actually at the Doggy Day Spa.  Don't judge.

After work I went to pick him up.  Louis is quite the dandy, and he does enjoy being pampered.  Immensely.  On the way home he could not stop GRINNING.  Here, have a look:


When I told him HE was having visitors that evening, it was all he could do to remain in his car seat.  OH THE EXCITEMENT!

Last night was my night to host cooking class.  I have had a recipe hanging on my refrigerator that I have been anxious to make.  It didn't seem detailed enough for our cooking class, so I kept putting it off.  BUT...last night we decide to walk down my street to a local wine shop for a tasting, prior to cooking. 


I thought it was just the right evening to make BROCCOLI & CHEESE CHICKEN CASSEROLE!

(i have been excited to cook chicken in my NEW chicken casserole dish!)

(Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing)

(a little bit of broccoli)

(6 chicken breast halves)

(approval from Chef Louis that we are following the directions to a "T")

(a mixture of milk and broccoli & cheese condensed soup)



(some crushed stuffing and paprika on top)



(Louis adjusts his "pepper covered bandanna" and declares everything looks good to him.  so, into the oven it goes for 40 minutes!)

(in the mean time, we are FINALLY all together and able to open our box of cookbooks from Katie & Wilson!  i have had this box for weeks.  it has been all i could do to not open the box myself.  but i wanted to wait.  for the girls.  because i like to share with them.  because i am good.  and kind.  and generous. don't laugh.)

(Daisy immediately grabs the Gumbo Cookbook.  Mmmm...gumbo.  i can't wait to make THAT for cooking class!)

(Marilyn Monroe takes the "hot licks" cookbook.  spicy, spicy, spicy is right up her alley :)

(cute girl on the cover...i take this one..hahaha..)

(so many neat cookbooks!!  thank you ever so much Katie)

(dinner is ready, and we sit down to enjoy my version of a "Greek" salad.  the dressing Marilyn Monroe introduced me to "Girard's Greek Feta Vinagrette" with some romaine lettuce, parmesan cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers.  DELISH!)


(and finally.....Mmmmmmmmm)

Left overs were packed up, and we all sat around rubbing our bellies.  A FINE dinner was had by all :)  This may have been the simplest recipe I have EVER made.  Seriously.  It does have to cook for a bit in the oven, but if you have only about 10 minutes prep time....this could be the recipe for you.  It was (as mrs.mfc said this morning) like Thanksgiving Supper all wrapped up in one dish. 

As always, if you want the recipe...just let me know!

I've got a few weeks until it's my turn to host cooking class again.  I've worked my way through all of the recipes I had marked to try.  I'm excited to look at some of my NEW cookbooks to find the next recipe I will share.  In the mean time I had better stick to eating Lean Cuisines.  That supper we had last night was definitely NOT low-cal :-o

T

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum yum yum!!! so glad the wine tasting was fun :) wine before anything is the recipe for fun haha!

xoxo
jess

Annie said...

that looks delish and now i'm all the sudden hungry! haha! and i may go sneak some wine in my car at lunch. i'm that desperate for some!!!

MLD said...

happiest pup i have ever seen! and that chicken looks so delicious.

Miss Sweet Tea said...

I love the smile on Louis! So cute!

And your dinner looks scrumptious!

Pink Champagne said...

Yum! I know what's for dinner tonight! Can we at least PRETEND it's low cal???

Dee Stephens said...

That is the cutest picture of Louis!

Kassie said...

Yum! Can I come next time? ;)

REBrown said...

That looks very very delicious and that dressing is the best!

pittsburghprepster said...

Louis is just the cutest. He looks very content. Mummy must take extra good care of him :)

The Bee Charmer said...

I don't think that Louis should apologize for enjoying the spa. The Beans are going on Saturday and they don't feel bad about it at all.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

YUM! all of the food looks sooo good. and the aprons you ladies have are super cute. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

nomo wino daph said...

Oh gosh...that sounds like a night I needed to attend:)

Looks fun and your dish looks/sounds divine!

XO

Tote said...

Looks so good! Of course Louis looks adorable.

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

All great photo's ... glad everyone liked the cookbook surprise box ... here's to ... toasting to good friends, eating well, enjoying everyday in life, and being happy ... oh, I think this group should plan a trip to Italy and take a cooking class ... what fun!
Cheers to you! Katie