Monday, February 7, 2011

Please Put Your Pants On & Exit the Party

I haven't had a chance to download any pictures from Valentine's Bachelor & Bachelorette Auction in Smalltown, VA on Friday night.  It was something friends.  SOMETHING.

Let me say that this really is somewhat of a classy (term to be used loosely) event.  Not black tie or anything, but definitely not low rent. 

So, you can imagine our surprise when one of this year's bachelors finished his walk on the stage by undressing.  Completely. 

I am not kidding.

It was awful. 

I do NOT have a photo of said events. Thank heavens. 

It has been the talk of the town.  You can imagine. 

So that was Friday. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday I took a T-time day.  It was all about me.  I was lazy.  I read a book.  I lounged with Louis on the couch.  I did the same thing Saturday night.  It was glorious :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sunday, however, was a different story!  I was up at the crack of dawn....rested and ready for the day!  Off to Walmart and then home to make Buffalo Chicken Dip.  I know quite a few people who make this dip, but I used Daisy's recipe.  It was my "Super Bowl Party Dish".  It lasted about 10 minutes at the party.  I think that means it was tasty.  And probably that I should have doubled the recipe. 

Anyway, here is the recipe if you are interested:

2 cans of chicken chunks (10-12 oz each)
1 pack of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat and it worked just fine!)
2 cups of shredded cheddar
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup of Texas Pete Hot Sauce

Melt the cream cheese in a sauce pan on the stove on low heat.  Once melted, mix in the 2 cans of chicken.  Break chicken up in to small pieces.  Mix in the cheeddar cheese (feel free to keep some out to put on the top of the dish before cooking if you want).  Stir in the Ranch dressing.  Mix in the Texas Pete Hot Sauce to taste.  I used about 1/4 of a cup. 

Pour mixture into an 8" pyrex-type dish and cook in the oven on 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  Serve with scoops.


If you have not tried this dish, or a variation of it, you must friends.  YOU MUST.  It is heaven to your taste buds.  It is probably also 5,000 calories.  But I don't care. 

After putting up my groceries, and making the dip, I decided to take Louis to the Dog Park!  It was National Walk Your Dog Day, or some such (according to Facebook), and I thought the Dog Park = walking my dog. 


As usual, Louis insisted on playing with the "big dogs".  Sunday they had very little interest in him, though, which irritated him immensely.  AND THEN...a random dog came up and peep'd on my leg :-o  Can you imagine?  Well, Louis was NOT pleased.  And, he felt that he needed to re-claim his mummy.  Therefore.....you guessed it....he peep'd on my leg as well!  Charming.

Home to change out of my peep'd on pants, and into my Virginia Tech attire.  Yes.  I wore Virginia Tech attire to the Super Bowl party.  No questions please.

We watched the Super Bowl at my friend K's house.  He purchased the following for the table's center piece:


I thought it was a charming effort on his part :) 

And that was my weekend.  It started off in a most startling manner, and ended relaxing with friends.  Can't ask for much more than that!

I hope your weekend was lovely as well, and that everyone kept their pants on.  Well, you know what I mean....

T

17 comments:

Annie said...

OMG, I cannot wait to hear more about this Valentine's event.

PS - I hate when people don't RSVP too. It really ticks me off! Hello common courtesy!

the Hard Way said...

oh MY! i don't eat chicken, but if i did? watch OUT! no dip left! that looks glorious :p

sorry bout your no-pants-pal... at least it makes a great story!!

MCW said...

I love it. Was he at least cute? Was it cold in the room, if you know what I mean :)

Dee Stephens said...

OMG is right! naked?! retarded! I bet you almost pe-ped in your pants there! HA!

Jess said...

MCW's comment just made me laugh!!

What an interesting way to end his time on stage though. I wonder if he'd been planning it since he knew he was going to be on stage??!

Also, that chicken dip looks/sounds delicious! There is seriously something about appies that I am just sort of in love with!

The Bee Charmer said...

Bachelors stripping naked for charity in Small Town, VA? *swoons from shock* Oh, dear.

The Bee Charmer said...

Oh - and I love that Louis is a 'big dog'. Finn and Lola are 'big dogs', too.

SASS said...

First of all, your header is PRECIOUS!! Who did it?? Email me- sarahdurone@gmail.com.
2nd- my favorite thing in the world is snuggling at home with a glass of wine & my Josie :) miss you T!

Jenny DB said...

So the guy got like ACTUALLY naked?? or stripped down to his boxers or what? I"m surprised he wasn't arrested haha.

AND OMG i can't believe Louis peed on you! Naughty puppy. I mean, i know the other dog started it but he may as well just say Listen mom i'm in charge. Now I'm gonna lift my leg. Great, thanks.

You weren't alone in sporting your college gear this sunday, i was in my big comfie Duke hoodie.

Ann said...

Well that was some weekend although I can't say that I envy you for the part about getting peed on :)

Tote said...

What a nice weekend, except for naked guy. Glad you had a nice time with your friends.
Your dip looks so good! I must try it.

Pink Champagne said...

COMPLETELY? I just gasped out loud in horror... glad the rest of your weekend was so nice! xo

REBrown said...

That dip looks like it would be delicious!

Carole said...

Yikes re the fellow stripping on the runway. ugh!

Peaches said...

I'm finally caught up with DSS! My FIL makes buffalo chicken dip and we had some during the Super Bowl too - absolutely delish!

I'm sorry you were piddled on at the dog park, twice! And that you had to witness the naked jaybird at the Valentine's auction...you definitely got a few stories from the weekend. :)

Hope you have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Did you see the story on the news last night? Geez!! He's getting some attention, for sure!

how i met your father blog said...

OMW i cannot believe someone DID THAT! where was his mother???