Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Westie Wednesday



I don't have anything prepared for Westie Wednesday today.  En route to Louis' daycare this morning I asked him if he had any idea of what I should tell you about today.  He couldn't be bothered.  He was excited about daycare.  He was excited about the prospect of attending cooking class with his mummy tonight.  He was just plain excited.

When I took him in to drop him off I chatted briefly with another "parent" who I hadn't seen in ages.  He remarked "My!  Louis has really grown into a westie hasn't he?  I remember when he was just a tiny little thing."  And I smiled.  And my eyes teared up a bit.  Because I remember that too. 

Quite a few of you have become dear friends in just a short bit of time.  I thought I may take today to introduce you to Louis The Puppy.  Those of you who weren't along for the ride when TEN and I picked him out.  When we brought him home.  When we didn't sleep night after night because the puppy cried, which made me cry. 

So here's a little walk down memory lane:

(the day we brought Louis Wellington Gray MyLastName home.  he threw up on TEN's lap for most of the drive)

(we introduced him to his new home)


(only one ear went up for a while.  he always looked a bit baffled)


(it was November when LW came to live with us, therefore he was dressed as Santa Pups.  he was NOT a fan)

(Louis wouldn't leave my side for a long time.  i think it took him a bit to adjust to his new surroundings.  he rather enjoyed wrapping packages with me :)


(he had his picture made with Santa!)


(i bought him a booster seat so that he could see out of the window in the car)


(his first day of puppy daycare exhausted him)


(sometimes it still does!)


(he experienced his first snow!)


(his first "portrait" was made)


(he had his first haircut)


(i bought him a Christmas sweater and he traveled to Big City, VA with TEN and I for the holiday)

(he opened his first gift by himself)

(he became acquainted with other "little ones")



(he reached his "awkward" growing stage, and i thought he was the cutest pup EVER)

(and Mr. Independent emerges...)

(he has his favorite toys, and guards them)

(he wants to be the center of attention at all times)



(he pouts when he's scolded)


(he's learned that THIS is his favorite thing in the world!)

One thing I know without a doubt.....No matter how grown up Louis becomes:





He will always be my little muffin:



Even when he behaves like this:


T

15 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

What a cutie!!! I completely forgot how small he once was!!

the Hard Way said...

i am GRINNING from ear to ear over here in New Ice City!! Absolutely presh, thanks for sharing his adorable "I'm a Big Boy Now" slideshow :p in a much better mood now :-D

how i met your father blog said...

that snow louis is TOO CUTE!

Twenty Something Blonde said...

AWE He is so adorable! I love this post!!

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures...you always make me want a puppy so bad!! Maybe for Valentine's Day ;) (I need to send BFF over here to read this! Hahaha)

xoxo
jess

Jess said...

So sweet!!! He's a cute dog/puppy no matter his size!!

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

this pictures are so funny! I love westies. It makes me miss my dog

Jenny DB said...

I forgot about that snow portrait. Precious :-)

Through Rose Colored Glasses said...

So Cute! He makes me so happy! Sweet Muff!

Ann said...

Louis and Duke are alike in so many ways :)

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

By far ... your best post ever! Could be that I just love westies or it could be that I love westies or it could be that I just love westies ...

All the best ... and a surprisse box is heading your way!
Katie

Tote said...

Aw, Lewis looks so cute! Don't they grow up so fast. I love his car seat. I have to get one for Jake, he would love it.

Love Cocktails and puppydog tails! said...

Oh T! this almost makes me weepy! he is such a doll!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Louis is adorable - I love that picture of him wrapped up in the blanket. He's precious!

Peaches said...

This is absolutely adorable. Louis is so cute!! This post makes me want a dog SO badly!