Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Don't Know About Babies...But I DO Know About Cocktails

It took me a while to get the pictures together from The Real Housewife of Delaware's Baby Shower.  I didn't take any pictures.  I was too busy "doing".

I am also going to have to change TRHoD's name.  She and Mr. Delaware are moving.  To Charleston.  Let's all slit our eyes and snark at them.  I'm so jealous!

But, before I knew she was moving to Charleston (and became insanely jealous) I put on this baby shower of sorts for her.  And I've told you all about it, but now I'm going to show you.  Because I've got a few pictures.  And I know you want to see them.  Right?

Humor me.

(the diaper cake i made.  not to be confused with the other diaper cake.  don't get me started.)

(onesie & baby bottle cookies)

(bib and bottle mints...i think?)

(pregnant belly cake...not gonna lie...this made me a little sick to my stomach.  imagine when people CUT INTO THE BELLY TO EAT A SLICE!!!  blech.)

(baby in a blanket cupcakes)

(more baby in a blanket cupcakes)

(chicken salad croissants...lovely if i do say so myself :)

(cucumber and fresh dill sandwiches)

(fancy ham biscuits fresh out of the oven.  best. things. ever.)

(me with the "poopy diaper game"....vom)

I thought I would share some of the extravagance with you.  I can't say I've seen anything quite like this before.  This is just a smidge of a sampling.  For reals....



(one of 2 diaper bags)


This is going to be the best dressed baby I know.  By far.  She already has an outfit for every day of her life, through the age of 18.  A hat too.  Seriously.  I gave TRHoD 60 Thank You Notes that matched the invitations.  A silly little book.  And the shower.

When The Real Baby of Delaware is born I will give her what I give all of the new babies in my "inner circle":


And I'm going to drive down to Charleston for a week.  To help take care of this baby.  Which is a joke, because I don't know sh*t from shynola (as Babbo Natale would say) about babies.  But I'll drink a lot, and have TRHoD smiling and laughing and feeling like she's had a vacation.  And there is no gift better than that. 

Right?

Tell me I'm right :)

T

18 comments:

Miss Sweet Tea said...

Your stuff looks the best tasting! I'm pretty grossed out by the pregnant belly cake...I don't really understand that...??? Ick :) I think it would be cute if it wasn't being eaten.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like the BEST gift for a new mom!! Good job :) UGGs for a baby? Really? I don't even have UGGs!!!! WTF! BFF's daughter has UGGs...it makes me sick. They're adorable (both his daughters AND the UGGs), but still...unnecessary, I think ;)

Great job!!!! I could never throw a cute party like that!

Dee Stephens said...

Holy baby gifts! I went to a shower like that once where the baby got Burberry outfits, Tiffany china,etc.
Crazy!
Ham biscuits are my favorite! I make them every Christmas season but Brad keeps asking me why I don't make them other times of the year too!

The Defunct Curator said...

The shower looks great, and you can tell you put in a lot of effort. I'm currently planning my sister's shower, basically all by myself, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Annie said...

Holy crap, Stuart Weitzman pink shoes????!!!! PS - your food turned out looking delish!!

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

What a great shower! The diaper cake looks fabulous, as do both sandwiches you made.

All I have to say is, if you DO make it to Charleston for a visit, you simply MUST let me know!

Life Through Preppy Glasses said...

looks like you put a lot of work into that shower!


baby stuart weitzmans didnt know they existed!! baby uggs are possibly one of the cutest baby things ever

MCW said...

Looks fab. I want that chicken salad!

Anonymous said...

You are such a classy lady. Your friend is absolutely blessed to have you as a friend.

I'm totally jealous of the Stuart W. shoes.

Eating the preggo cake (or the baby cupcakes) would have creeped me out.

pittsburghprepster said...

LOVE the diaper cake! As well as all your other "too cute to eat" desserts. Looks like a delicious and wonderful time! :)

Unknown said...

What a cute shower! Your diaper cake was great! I love the stylin' baby clothes and oh. the. shoes!!! Stuart Weitzman baby shoes!!! (Gasp) I love them!
I am with you on the pregger cake. (Wincing) It would have been cute if it wasn't for eating.
xoxo-Vy

REBrown said...

Those biscuits are the best party food!

Tote said...

Oh my, the food looks awesome! Your diaper cake turned out great. I am not too sure about the prego cake either.
Showers are a lot of work, give yourself a pat on the back!

The Bee Charmer said...

I refused to play the 'poopy diaper game' at my sister's shower. I just couldn't do it.

Holly said...

Adorable! Your friend is so lucky to have you! I love to plan parties, too, but I don't get to do them quite that much, soo.....the cupcakes and everything are soooooo adorable. And the prego belly? That is cute but I can't imagine eating it. That's just a teensy bit strange....

Bronwen said...

So cute! And I must say, I like how high tech you've gotten with the face blurring... so 2011! Hah :)

how i met your father blog said...

baby showers make me want to vom - especially that diaper game. ick.
but it does look GREATTTT!! you def put a lot of work into that! WOW!

Ann said...

first off "Right"...lol
love the diaper cake, too cute and the Ugg boots, I want some. :) The pregnant belly cake I probably could have done without...lol