Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Gods Must Be Crazy

So I've walked out of my office like 3 times today, and nothing crazy has happened. It's like someone knows I've actually COMMITTED to writing about this stuff, and now it's stopped. Drat! The city has completely torn up the road in front of my office building, but that's not funny or crazy. I stood out there for a while thinking something might fall from the sky, or I might get taken out by a bulldozer. Nope.

I guess I will have to tell you about some other stuff then. I went to the beach. I laid in the sun. It was magnificently relaxing. I now have a tan :)

I was forced to confront the fact that my dad dying 1.5 years ago is never going to get easier...especially on Father's Day. What I did realize though, is that when you have people who love you and want you to join their family celebration on Father's Day, it hurts a little bit less.

I was forced to confront a lot of things this weekend, and I'm really proud of the fact that I did so without spontaneously combusting.

I bought a new car, without my dad's guidance, and I survived.

I think I'm going to make it.

And...as corny as that sounds...it's a really good feeling....

Happy Thursday!

T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine life without my dad, so I can't even begin to understand what it must be like for you -- but I'm glad you've found some comfort in it.

Blackeyed Susan said...

Way to be strong:)

and I am very jealous of the beach

and I left you a surprise on my blog!