Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Put Your Right Foot In....

Saturday night was the Annual Moonlight Stomp at a local vineyard.  There was a huge bonfire, wine tasting and barrels with grapes in them for stomping


A bunch of our friends go to this event every year and it's great fun.   A huge bonfire burns and everyone brings lawn chairs and relaxes while enjoying vino!  A nice relaxing day/evening is exactly what the doctor ordered for this girl, let me tell you.  I actually missed work on Friday due to being sick.  I think I've just got too much on my plate at the moment. 

Sunday I insisted on finding a Shoney's.  I am a firm believer that Shoney's heals all ailments.  Specifically the Shoney's Breakfast Bar. 

I do realize that realistically the Shoney's Breakfast Bar is a heart attack buffet, but I still love it.  I load up on bacon, sausage, potatoes covered in gooey cheesy sauce, etc.  I completely skip the fresh fruit, eggs, and anything else that can be deemed somewhat healthy.  So upon waking up Sunday I had a craving for Shoney's.  As long as I've lived in Smalltown, VA I've not seen one.  Never fear!  After I convinced TEN to get up and get dressed for breakfast I turned on my new GPS and searched.  AHA!!!!  Shoney's is in the next city, and open for business :) 


I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch felling ill.  When will I ever learn?

T

2 comments:

MCW said...

Those biscuits looks delicious. I want to stomp grapes!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Shoney's... I haven't been to one in YEARS!