Monday, April 13, 2009

The Bang Flipper & My Inbox

I promised you I would let you know what my response was to The Bang Flipper. Here it is:

"Bang Flipper,

I'm not sure if you remember, but we have had extensive conversation in the past. Just as we were planning to meet, I realized that my friend The Real Housewife of Delaware had gone out with you while living in _________. I then shared with you that I had actually seen you in person on one of my trips to visit The Real Housewife of Delaware in ____________.

I feel sure that at this point you probably remember who I am. If not, let me further state that you look nothing like your photos. Not that it's any of my business at this point, but might I suggest posting some pictures of yourself from the last year or two? From a match.com dater's perspective...it really is a let down when you meet someone and they do not resemble their photos at all.

Best of luck in your search,

T"

I think the e-mail was rather nice, and I've yet to receive a response. Quite frankly, I don't expect one. That's fine....as long as he stays out of my inbox!

Today's Inbox has 5 potential matches. Let's see what's what:

Match #1
This guy's photo shows him in a suit hopping out of a fancy helicopter with a briefcase. Well, I think that's him anyway? I guess he wants us to know that he's rich and important? Or, perhaps he's a high ranking FBI agent? Let's see....nope. He's in sales/marketing. That's interesting. He also drives a fancy Porsche. Why do I get a creepy feeling about him? Well, he's just winked...so I will wink back. We can decide what to do with him later....

Match #2
Hmmmmm.....(yes, I'm starting out with a hmmmm....). Here's the thing. He doesn't say much on his profile. He's just winked, but I'm wondering what he's all about. There is a lovely picture of him at a dinner table or something. He looks quite handsome. Then, there he is on his dirt bike. Hmmmm..... He also lives in some place I've not heard of, and he hasn't graduated from college. I'm not going to wink back.

Match #3
Oh lordy. It's an e-mail, and it's a doozy:

"i a generaly a good person i like to spend time alone with the ones that i love . I have been a romantic in the past and got my heart broke several times . Now my world is about my children wich are 11,10&9. I try to be the best parent that i can though sometimes it is very hard. I have a son and 2 daughters. please write"

Sorry buddy, I don't think we are a good match. Bye!

Match #4
Well, this is the e-mail I received:

"I'm funny and charming."

I'm not sure if he hit send before he was through? Or, if he thinks this is enough to win me over? I replied with the following:

"I'm not sure how to respond to that statement."

Let's see if we hear back from him!

Match #5
He doesn't show his picture. I deleted him.

I'm afraid my matches are getting less and less interesting. Boo hiss to that! I've winked back at Match #1, and I've sent Match #4 a response. Let's see what happens. Maybe I will be writing you tomorrow from a fancy helicopter, as my boyfriend flies around with his briefcase selling and marketing things :)

T

1 comment:

Kate said...

Match #1 sounds too perfect. But maybe he's just too busy to meet girls. Wink back!