Monday, April 6, 2009

"you will be amazing wherever you go. I believe in you."

Today I'm on my own little private strike from work. I doubt anyone realizes it, but it makes me feel a little better due to my recent pissed-off-ed-ness at my boss & the idiot.

While catching up on blogs I like to read, I came across something that made me smile. Maybe smile isn't the right word. It made me feel warm inside and out. I needed that today:)

Do you ever read Post Secret? Sometimes it's really sad. Sometimes it's really funny. And sometimes....it speaks to me. That's what happened today.

Someone wrote in to say:

"I work in a college admissions office at a preppy private college as a student worker. Whenever I stuff the rejection letter envelopes, I slip in a piece of paper while my co-workers aren't looking that says, "you will be amazing wherever you go. I believe in you." I hope that the people who get them know I mean it."

I'm not applying to colleges...but it's the idea that sometimes a perceived failure isn't really a failure at all. I'm going to mull this over for the rest of the afternoon. Perhaps quitting doesn't mean you really gave up? Perhaps it means you have just outgrown what you are currently doing, and are ready for another challenge?

T

1 comment:

Melia said...

aww, that is adorable that she puts that note in the rejection letters!