Thursday, April 9, 2009

What is a seersucker?

I couldn't wait to share my latest e-mail. I am going to break a little rule I have here, and post this guy's name. I just have to. I have never heard of such a thing...EVER. Okay.......he's called "Mykul". WTF you ask? Sound it out. It's Michael, but different. What in the world?

Perhaps I would think this was somewhat cool and different (but probably not), if the following e-mail did not accompany his name:

"You are totally cute and you seem very nice and honest. What is a seersucker? If you consider yourself to be a seer, then that would be really cool. I don't know much about astrology but I do know how to listen, and I love to. I also like to be around positive people. particularly people who get excited about everything. Bored people are boring! I like conversation whether it's going out to eat or relaxing at home, but I can be an outdoor cat too! ;p Write me back if you want to talk =)"

How do I respond to this? What in the world does he mean by "if you consider yourself to be a seer, then that would be really cool". Perhaps I should reply and say...."what is a seer"?

So I Googled it, and a seer is:

Seer (unit), a customary unit of mass and capacity in Asia

I'm pretty sure he realizes that I am not a single unit of mass, and that I don't live in Asia. The only other choices were something to do with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and being on the show Charmed where a "Seer" is a deamoness that can see the future. Maybe that's what he thinks? Maybe he thinks I can "See" the future? And that I'm a deamoness. Ha! Wouldn't that be something! Hmmmmm....Perhaps I should e-mail him back and tell him that I "See" no future for us? No, that would be mean. I will just reply and tell him I'm not interested and to go away.

T

3 comments:

Kate said...

I think he means see-er as in one who sees/reads the future? Or something like that. Hilarious.

JKC said...

i think he was just saying he hopes you're a seer so he can suck you! EWWW!

Laura said...

L.O.L!!!!

I agree with Kate. Which would explain the whole astrology thing, even though that isn't even right. If you were a "see-er" as in a "psychic," that wouldn't really deal with the big dipper and orion's belt. But nice try, Mykul. Weirdo.