Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust!

And this time....IT'S ME! Yep, you got it folks. I've been ditched. Well....perhaps that's too strong of a word, but whatever.

So, J...the one that DID count. Not so much. He sent me a text Saturday after he got home from the event where we met. Said he enjoyed meeting me. Asked if he could call me. I said I enjoyed meeting him too, and yes...I would very much like him to call. THE END.

I got home from work today and my fabulous "The Tide Will Turn" necklace arrived in the mail. There is nothing better than arriving home to find a little present for yourself, is there? It's almost like Christmas...except you paid. Anyway, I was putting it on (because I am going to wear it nonstop until the tide DOES indeed turn) and it hit me. OMG. J never called. I've been ditched. I've been blown off. He doesn't like me. Ouch!

I've been so busy this week that I hadn't really thought about it. Until now. Until I was tying the precious little charm around my neck, thinking that perhaps the tide has turned for me and SLAM! It hits me that the tide is still flowing the exact same direction, and the necklace could not have arrived at a better time.

It's also kindove cool. That someone didn't like me. I know that sounds ridiculous, but when most of your dates come from MDC...it's really not surprising. I feel a bit like the playing field has now been leveled. It sucks, but you know what.....


GAME ON!

T

2 comments:

Melia said...

I just can't believe you haven't heard from him. It will be interesting to see what J has to say about it once he talks to him. Hmmm.

Jess said...

I like how you're taking it all in stride! Good for you. And, you never know..maybe he's been quite busy too. He may call you, yet!!