Monday, April 20, 2009

Movie Mania

I'm not sure why I'm all about movies lately. They are not a usual part of my life, but once again I found myself wanting to watch one last night. Besides Twilight, another movie I have heard endless things about is Fireproof.


Fireproof is about a couple having terrible marital issues. He's a fireman. Hence the name. I didn't really have any desire to watch this movie because let's face it....I haven't even gotten married yet. The last thing I want to worry about is marital problems!

Anyway, there it was...listed under New Releases on On Demand. I previewed it. It looked okay. I thought it was pretty cool that a bunch of guys lifted a crashed car off of the train tracks right before the train came whizzing by. I bought it. I was prepared to be a little bored, and perhaps irritated that these people were probably having some silly marital problems that would be ridiculous.

WRONG! Loved it! Nothing like Twilight, of course. I don't have a new crush or anything. Fireproof was very sad at times, but very redeeming too. It made me wonder...if I had put that much effort into any of my past relationships would I have stayed rather than jumped ship? Have I ever put that much effort into a relationship? I don't think I have.

This might sound silly, but I had an interesting thought yesterday right after I finished watching Fireproof. What if I was supposed to watch that movie because I was supposed to realize I had never really put much effort into my relationships? What if I was supposed to watch that movie because it is TIME for me to be ready to put effort into a relationship? What if I was supposed to watch that movie because Mr. Seersucker is on the horizon. Hmmmmmm.......


T

No comments: