Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Profile Make-Over Time!


I've made a decision. My MDC profile needs a make over! I'm going to change out all of the pictures, and overhaul my "about me". Any thoughts? Some of you know me personally, of course, and others probably have a fabulous opinion of me after reading my blog (I JEST! SERIOUSLY I JEST!).

So, I'm opening up the floor for suggestions. Have you ever MDC dated before? Have any of your friends? If so, what worked? What didn't? Help me please :)

In case you need a reference point, here is my current profile "about me":

(P.S. Obviously the part about having a job that I love needs to be deleted!)

I am a true Gemini in every sense of the word! There are days when I stay busy from morning until night, and others when I want to just kick back and enjoy time with friends. Most important is that I surrounded myself with people who are positive and outgoing and enjoy life as much as I do.

I enjoy pretty much anything that brings me outdoors when the weather is nice. Spending the day at the lake is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. I 'm not one that you will routinely find in a gym...but I run and play tennis whenever I get the chance.

I have a job that I love and the best friends that anyone could ask for. I can honestly say that I am happy with who I am, and have accomplished the things that I have hoped to at this point in my life. There are still places in the world that I would like to see, and I would love to find someone to do this with. I would like to find someone who is first and foremost comfortable with who they are. Someone who I can fish from the bank of a river with, but who will also have fun at a black tie affair. Being a Hokie fan is definitely a plus. I love snuggling up in a blanket at fall football games! Motivation and ambition are key, but there needs to be a healthy mix of work and play. Someone who enjoys friends and is open to meeting new people is important as well. Most of all I enjoy someone who loves to laugh. I believe that a good sense of humor is one of most valuable characteristics someone can have.

Here is my favorite hot spots answer:
Depending on my mood I enjoy relaxing at ___________with friends, or dancing the night away downtown. I jump at the chance to travel to new destinations, but am always happy to come home to Smalltown, VA.

Here is my favorite things answer:
My favorite thing to do is laugh so hard I cry. You know...when you can't even catch your breath. It's the best feeling in the world! International travel is another fav. I went to Italy a few months ago....wow!! I'm ready for my next adventure:)

Not that this is the GREATEST profile ever, but it doesn't suck that bad. Does it? Yikes, maybe it does. HELP!!!

T

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love your profile. I think it sounds great, not cheesy or fake. However, I am a girl so not sure what a guy would think.

Wendy said...

Ok, we might be the same person? Your profile sounds a lot like mine.

I've seriously considered that $40 professional profile writer racket... I'm all out of ideas at this point.