Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seersucker Suit Movie Review - Déjà vu



I have wanted to see this movie since it came out in 2006.  I don't know what it was about the trailer, but I couldn't wait!

Well, wait I did. 

It is now 2010, and I've finally just watched Déjà vu.

I have a thing for Denzel Washington.  Not like a "he's so cute I want to snuggle with him" kind of thing.  More like an "I wish he was in my life, and my best friend, or my uncle, because then I would always be safe and he would always make everything better".  You know what I mean?  That man is in charge! 

And if he he ISN'T in charge....he takes charge. 

I used to feel the same way about Steven Segal.

Don't judge me.

Now, back to the movie...
 
I really thought this movie would be predictable.  I kept guessing what would happen next, and I kept being wrong.  Well, sometimes I was right.  But mostly I was wrong.  The concept of what "they" were able to do with the time-space continuum was amazing.  It was a little scary too. 

To think that perhaps people could have that much of a look into our lives!  Then again, Google Maps isn't far from it if you think about it.  My friend Daisy can be seen mowing her front lawn on the Google Maps photo of her address.  Granted that was like 2 years ago.  But still.  Creepy.

I was looking for a good synopsis of the movie, but I couldn't really find one.  So, here is the trailer.  (I hate when you can't share a trailer without causing everyone to have to watch a commercial.  Commercials are so 2002.  Don't they realize this??)

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2131494681/

My favorite lines from the movie:

Denny: You know you don't have to do this.
Doug Carlin: What if I already have?

So, for originality.  And for making me confused...for a little bit.  And for making a love story not so lovey dovey, but still making it matter....I hereby award Déjà vu:

THREE SEERSUCKER SUITS!!  Obviously this movie is no longer in the theaters, and I DVR'd it from a regular TV station.  I suggest you do the same.  Hey, it's free.  And it's good.  Really.  It is :)



T

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know! I've been meaning to watch that and just picked it up the other day.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

I loved that movie too. I just found your site thru my girl Trishy and love it. So cute how you use seesucker suits as points! LOL! Have a fab day and come by for a visit if you have a chance. I have a great Brooklyn Thread giveaway going on!

XOXO Jessica
http://kitchenbelleicious.blogspot.com

Ann said...

There's another one I've never seen. The list of movies I have seen is much shorter than than the list of ones I haven't. I like Denzel Washington though.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

I haven't seen this one so YAY, adding it to Netflix pronto! 3 seersucker suits, the best rating in town! :) Hope you're feeling better today babydoll xoxo Love ya!

Love Cocktails and puppydog tails! said...

I have never seen this movie and completely forgot about it..... now I just might have to hunt it down and watch it :) always looking for another good movie :0)