Monday, October 4, 2010

My Weekend Was...

Fantastic!  Thank you very much :)

Friday night I caught up with an old friend.  Lovely, lovely, lovely...

Saturday I spent the day trying to figure out how to wear my hair Saturday night.  And then.....

I WATCHED MY HOKIES BEAT NC STATE!!!!

Sorry to any NC State fans :(  I just had to brag since VT has had a bit of a rough start this year. 

Saturday evening was Barbie's Birthday Ball, and it was just lovely!!  When I came down the stairs in my dress, Louis started growling and barking at me :(  I think it was all of the sequins on my dress that had him all discombobulated?  I had to sit down on the steps to reassure him that it was just a dress, and not an imposter.

I took a friend as my date, and he and a few others met at my house to ride together.  There was a private pre-party for the birthday girl before the event, and then we headed up to the ball. 

(BFF, LML and me at the pre-party)


(me, BFF, slively, Babbo Natale & Daisy.  i think i was having a Karate Kid moment..)


(the back of my dress...not sure WHAT I was doing??)


(barbie in her birthday ball gown!)

I ended up seeing a lot of people I hadn't seen in ages, which was so nice!  We danced until our feet hurt, and then headed downtown for late night cocktails. 

Sunday we all spent the day recouping.  I checked Facebook at around noon and realized I wasn't the only one who was feeling like a day on the couch was just what the doctor ordered!

I also boiled 4 pound of peanuts.  Mmmmmm....



The last time I made them, I did it in the crock pot.  This time I made them on the stove top, and I think I prefer them this way :)  Needless to say....I will be eating boiled peanuts for weeks!

Today's EXCITING NEWS is that the dealership just brought me my car.  Wahoo!!!!!  It only took a week, but again...the warranty covered the transmission repairs and my car is safe and sound back with me.  I sure did enjoy driving that brand new fancy red Benz, but I know I wouldn't appreciate the car payment :-o

And in closing, it looks like something exciting may be around the corner for DSS!   Do you place any stock in horoscopes?  When they are good I pretend that I believe in them, and today's is definitely good:


Love is in the air, Gemini. Whether you encounter a new and attractive person somewhere along your path today, or you sense a heightened sense of affection from someone already in your life, you will feel good romantic vibrations today. Hopefully you can take some time from your busy day to respond to any flirtations, and to ignite a spark that may well become a warm and welcoming blaze of passion. Make time for more love in your life. You need to devote more effort to your romantic relationships.

Happy Monday!

T

12 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I love getting all dressed up!

SASS said...

So funny about Louis barking at you! Josie does this anytime I wear sunglasses, a hat, a hood, or holding an umbrella. Freaks her out! Silly pups.
LOVE that dress! Fun weekend you had, Miss T!

Beth Dunn said...

The ball looks like SO much fun!
xoxo
SC

Emily Kathleen said...

What a great weekend! I had a fabulous football weekend here too...watched my Seminoles beat UVA and then the Gators lost big time to Alabama!

Looks like such a fun party...and Barbie's birthday ball gown is glorious!

I just told Nicholas yesterday that I wanted to make some boiled peanuts! Yours look delish!

MCW said...

That is my horoscope too and I am liking it!

love jenny xoxo said...

what fun & beautiful dresses! I never get to wear those, not fair!

XOXO

DIMH said...

Love your dress! You always have such fun social engagements!

the Hard Way said...

woo, woo! happy monday indeed! sounds like good things are on the horizon :) well, in addition to all the already-good things you've got going on :p

Ann said...

Maybe Louis's response to the dress was more of a "You are not going out dressed like that missy!"....lol He was afraid some guy was going to snag you away from him in that outfit. Barbie's gown was beautiful. Sounds like it was a great time too.

The Bee Charmer said...

Small Town, VA sure does look like a happenin' party scene! I don't believe I've ever been to a birthday ball and I thought I had seen it all at Wake Forest!!

BelleinBows said...

I adore your dress! Very elegant. I tried making boiled peanuts on the stove top once, I kept boiling the water out. Glad yours turned out better than mine!

Kassie said...

Barbie's ball gown is incredible!!