Monday, November 7, 2011

Will You Marry Me? - Repost

Date #2 with Romeo. We meet for lunch at a little Mexican restaurant downtown. He's in a t-shirt, jeans and boots. Apparently he took the day off. I guess he took the day off from trying to impress his date also?

Romeo orders his food, pays at the counter and then looks at me. Eeeeekkkkksssssss! I guess I should tell you that I'm old fashioned. In every way. I think women should work and get paid what men do and all that, but when it comes to dating try to court me just a little bit okay? It's not asking much. We don't have to go to the Four Seasons. Just wine and dine me for a few weeks and then when we decide to be a couple I'm happy to treat you sometimes too! I will cook for you and even iron your shirt if you have trouble with that. Just let me feel like a princess for a little while. You know?

Romeo then proceeds to start talking about how his ex-wife cheated on him with their next door neighbor. She is still with him, and there is a huge neighborhood battle taking place about the whole thing. (everyone sides with him of course!) On and on and on. I wanted to slit my wrist before my enchilada even arrived.

I decided this was strike 3 for Romeo. I'd tried. Really, I had. I couldn't wait to get away! Then again, I was hungry and wanted that enchilada. So...I suffered through whatever it was that he continued to talk about. Here's the thing. I wasn't even listening. It had to be obvious. Why wouldn't he write me off? He wasn't unattractive. Couldn't he find someone else?

After lunch he INSISTS on walking me back to my office. Ugghh! The entire time saying things like this:

"Your schedule is too busy. When are WE going to spend time together?"
"Why don't you take some time off and we can take a trip?"
"Let's snuggle on the couch and watch movies one night this week?"

OMFG! IS THIS GUY FOR REAL? Yes, my friends...Romeo is for real. Over the next week or so he continues to call me and leave me voice mails getting angry that I'm not calling him back. I blocked his number. Goodbye Romeo.

T

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh! What a weirdo! I agree with you in that a man needs to court a girl for a while first. I am all for doing the woman chores one day such as cooking and ironing, but before the relationship is serious, I think the guy needs to step up a little and pay for dinner, open the door for you, etc.

On to the next one for sure! Haha!

REBrown said...

Ugh what a nightmare!

Jess said...

Yes, I always say when he starts telling you serious details about past relationships after only being out a few times, you gotta run!!