Monday, July 27, 2009

Celebrating JLB!

Friday I picked TEN up at the airport. He wasn't really very coherent, but I think he mentioned something about being awake for 24 hours straight. I delivered him to his house, and he proceeded to sleep for the next 48 hours.

I left for a bridal shower and bachelorette party early Saturday morning, so I didn't get to see him (or his additional markings) until yesterday. Let's put off talking about that for now...shall we?

The Real Housewife of Delaware, another girlfriend for years and I hit the road Saturday morning to attend a bridal shower for a good friend. It was the cutest shower ever!!! The sister of the bride-to-be held the shower in a coffee shop in the downtown area of this precious town/city where they grew up. The groom-to-be's mother and grandmother were there, as well as a bunch of people the bride-to-be grew up with. I think it's always bunches of fun to meet people from a friend's "past". You know how it is. You hear about these people for years, and then when you finally get to meet them it all comes together :)

The bride-to-be attended Virginia Tech (GO HOKIES!), and the groom-to-be attended the University of Tennessee. The theme of the bridal shower was "game day tailgating". LOVE THE IDEA! The couple received some AWESOME gifts, and one very good friend even etched VT and T into wine glasses, which she presented to the bride-to-be in a picnic basket with wine, a blanket and other lovely "romantic tailgating" items. Seriously. Is that not awesome? Leslie...you rock ;) It's also a very good thing that both VT and UT have orange as their colors. In this case even a "house divided" can find more than one use for an orange cooler on wheels!

After the shower, the three of us hopped back into my car and took off for Charlotte! The drive was long, but the company was grand. The afternoon/night was filled with good times. Catching up with girlfriends I haven't seen in quite some time, and meeting new girlfriends as well! Late night omelets, and discussions that are best not repeated here, rounded out our evening. One broken high heel later, I finally made it back to my hotel room and hit the sack. You know you've had a great night when your shoe literally breaks :)

I left pretty early Sunday morning because I was anxious to get home. I've been traveling so much, and I just wanted to spend the afternoon and evening on the couch with TEN sharing our recent adventures.

We watched the movie Seven Pounds last night. Have you heard of it? It's excellent. Truly, brilliantly, heartwrenchingly excellent. I sobbed at the end. I don't cry. Not even in real life. But I sobbed. I don't ever want anyone to love me that much. Ever. I would rather be the one making the sacrifices, because I don't think I could stand it the other way around.

If you want to know the whole story, spoilers included, click HERE.

If you want to see a trailer (which I suggest because you are really going to want to watch this movie :)





I also have a new favorite song. It's kindove sad, and a bit repetitive. But it gives me courage, and that's something....

The Fray - Never Say Never Acoustic





And finally, because you have all been so patient. The tattoo is on the back of his arm. I honestly haven't looked at it because I'm trying to pretend it isn't there. I caught a glimpse of it, and it's red. That's all I know... and I'm trying to pretend I didn't even see that.

T

1 comment:

ADub said...

you liked seven pounds? it was ok, good even, but i'm a crier and that one just didn't get me. it was sweet... but i forgot it almost as soon as i watched it. good marketing though - i was convinced i HAD to see this movie.