Friday, January 8, 2010

Lost and Found

On the way back to the office, in the parking garage, MK and I saw this little note hanging on a bulletin board:



I know this probably sounds cheezy, but it really touched me.  That someone would take the time to make a note, draw a picture of what the earring looked like, and post it with their number where they most likely found the item.  This is one of those random acts of kindness that I really want to start committing.  I'll bet this was a nice gold earring that someone really likes.  They were probably very sad that they lost it.  And because of this kind soul, they will most likely get it back :)

This also made me very happy that I've finally ordered Louis his personalized dog tag!




Because if my little guy gets misplaced, I surely want someone to know how to get him back to me :)

I'm going to challenge myself to commit one random act of kindness this weekend.  I haven't a clue what it will be, but I can't wait to share it with you on Monday!

Happy Weekend Friends.  Stay Warm!

T

6 comments:

JKC said...

you should get him a microchip too! guinny has one.

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Awww...what a lovely thing to do! If everyone would do a little something like this the world would be such a better place!

Little Ms Blogger said...

I can't wait to hear what you do. Something you might think is small may be a big impact on someone else.

TudorCity Girl said...

I love this! The drawing of the earring is so cute. I wonder if it was a guy or girl? Not that it really matters! Once again we are on the same wavelength. I have found 3 major things lately..The latest was on ipod at gym yesterday.. I went to hand it in and noticed I only had one glove..the guy at the desk then hands up a glove and goes, 'this must be your's'. So my act of kindness (well, not kindness really, I just did what any normal person would do) was instantly returned with somebody handing in my glove! :)

I will try something this wknd..it will help boost my mood in the 5 degree weather. Thanks!

Jenny DB said...

that is quite cute :) esp that you took a pic of it!! also, agreeing with tudor city girl.. microchips cant be lost... my mom's pup got out the other week and she found his collar (with his tags!!!) a few blocks from the house. not super useful. luckily we found him and got him back, and now he's microchipped also. good story ;)

Leah said...

Awww! That is sweet! I love your goal to perform random acts of kindness!

I am thinking of getting my dog microchipped also. I'm always worried he will get out of the yard and lose his tags somehow. That would be awful!