Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Seersucker Suit Movie Review - Where The Wild Things Are



Well, I've not much to say about this one.  I was disappointed.  Yes, yes, I know.  Everyone has been saying Where The Wild Things Are was not a great movie.  Totally portays Max as a terrible, bratty, awful, annoying little boy.  Not at all the Max we all know and love from the book.  Because seriously, Max was obviously a lonely little boy who probably acted up for attention in the book.  Right?



Yea, so in the movie he is this awful, loud, obnoxious, whiney, screaming, distructive boy.  A little boy that I wanted to smack across the face.  Hard.  And I don't hit people.  Especially not kids. 

I checked out after realizing what an ass Max was.  Then.....The Wild Things.  Sigh.  They weren't right either.  I think they had to really try to draw out the characters here in order to make a full length movie.  I think someone took liberties they shouldn't have. 

The movie ruined the book for me :(  I'm going to try to forget the movie.  I'm going to try to pretend I never saw it.  That way I can read this book to my child one day and still enjoy it.  Hopefully.

I award Where The Wild Things Are:


 
ZERO SEERSUCKER SUITS.  DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IF YOU EVER READ (AND LOVED) THE BOOK!!!




T

1 comment:

Jess said...

That's why I have been avoiding the movie! I was afraid it would ruin the book, which is a childhood favourite!! Thanks for the warning..I'll stay away!