Monday, February 16, 2009

Congratulations JLB!

Happy belated Valentine's Day!!! I hope you had a great one, because I sure did :) I mean that. I really did. The weekend started off with one of my best friends getting engaged. I adore her fiance, and was seriously ready for them to be engaged months ago. She deserves a good guy. She's been through the ringer, and the minute I met him I knew they were going to get married. I knew he was a good one. I knew she wouldn't get hurt with this guy because he is truly a good guy, and most importantly.....when he looks at her you just know he loves her with all of his heart. I jumped up and down in my office when I found out. MK (my office mate) thought I had lost my mind.

Which brings me to a question I have. Why do I always get so freaking excited when my friends get engaged? Why am I so happy for them that my stomach flips? Why don't I think "hey T, another one got a ring...and guess what...it's not you!"? It's weird really. I love weddings. I love planning engagement parties and bridal showers. I just don't really think much about my own. A friend pointed out a while ago that she doesn't really think I want to settle down and get married and all that. Maybe she's right? I can't completely disagree with her. I do know one thing. I don't want to wake up one day and be 60 and alone. However, I'm not so sure that's a good reason to get married.

T

No comments: