Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hold Up There Cowboy!

Prospect #2...we'll call him Cowboy. We chat online and he seems charming. We agree to meet at the Halloween party I've just told you about. Yes, I'm going to have a "double date". Two in one night. (well, technically Romeo wasn't supposed to be there but whatever)

The Cowboy arrives and I am so busy I don't even know he's there. He happens to know some friends of mine (unbeknownst to me), so he's chatting with them and one of my best girlfriends, Barbie, says "hey, there's someone here who wants to meet you!". Of course at this point I'm like "WHAT! I've got two other guys here and now there is a third!". Barbie just smirked and led me to the Cowboy. He's attractive, a bit taller than me and in full fledged cowboy attire....extra large belt buckle and all! (I love this! If you can't dress up for Halloween and act like an idiot once a year you are NOT for me)

I'm really busy, but the Cowboy and I get to talk a little bit. He's a wonderful purse and drink watcher, and I automatically trust him because Barbie has known him for years! The party is a huge success and I'm exhausted by the end of the night. The Cowboy and I decide to get together for a second "date" the next week.

The Cowboy calls, we chat, he's funny...all is going well. (he does have kids...like a few or something...AND...they live with him sometimes. not really what I'm looking for, but I'm not going to write him off) We decide to get together for dinner. I'm excited :)

The Cowboy definitely dresses 100x better than Romeo. He's a bit older, and perhaps with age comes some class. Who knows? We have a nice dinner (and in the Cowboy's defense...I was exhausted due to an incredibly stressful day...ie. this is the evening of my disastrous lunch date with Romeo. I don't suggest 2 dates in one day if possible. TOO MUCH!) and the conversation is pretty okay. He tells these really long stories that cause me to yawn, but whatever.

Dinner is over, he walks me to my car, I give him a hug, AND THEN.....he goes in for the kiss. I'm pinned up against my car and I know I must have had a look of horror on my face.

***Side note....This is a bone of contention among my friends. Is it appropriate for someone to try to kiss you on what is technically a first date? Some people like to be kissed right away. I, however, don't. I can't stand it. I don't know you yet. Where has your mouth been? Perhaps I should add this to my profile? What do YOU think?

The Cowboy and I say we will get together again soon, but we don't. I guess he realized I wasn't his type of girl. I'm very okay with that. I hate having to let people down. It's much easier when they make that decision. Goodbye Cowboy. I do wish you the best of luck in your pursuits. You really were a nice guy. I'm not holding any grudges. (If, however, I ever see Romeo again I will duck under the nearest car and hide there until he is out of range.)

T

No comments: