Monday, March 9, 2009

My Inbox....


Lots of fun stuff in the inbox today. Well, I think it's a compilation of Thursday through today. I was so upset/stressed about Thursday's events that I haven't even logged on again until today! So, let's see what we have here:

Match #1
This guy looks like a winner. He's a year older than me, 5'11", a firefighter and lives about 45 minutes away! He's quite handsome, and seems to be very athletic. As I've mentioned before, I'm not really the athletic type....but I do love a good tennis match. He also says he is a man of few words. Hahaha...that makes me laugh because I am anything but! I am a chatterbox :) I'll admit it. I talk....A LOT. However, I'm always sure to ask questions too. I'm not one of those that just drones on and on and on and on and never involved the other person in the conversation.

Match #1 has winked at me, so I'm going to wink back. He seems like a nice guy, and I would most definitely like to meet him.
Match #2
Hmmmm...no picture. Argh! Why do people do this? You know....even if you aren't the best looking person (as I've said before...I'm no model!) post a picture. You know why? If you don't post a picture people are going to assume the worst. I know I do. I automatically assume "hey, if he doesn't want to post his picture then there must be a very good reason. AND...that reason is probably really, really bad."

Then again, sometimes people state in their profile that they haven't posted their picture because of their job situation, really small community, etc. That's fine. Just address it, and offer to send a picture along. This guy...not so much.

The other "issue" with Match #2 is that he is 7 years younger than me. I know, I know...we've been through this before. But seriously. I just don't see that working. I'm kindove "on the cusp" when it comes to age. If you are 45 and date someone 35 that's fine. It isn't THAT big of a difference. Perhaps it is in years, but in maturity probably not so much. But, if someone 35 dates someone say....25...that's a bigger deal. Does that make sense?

I don't think I'm going to wink back at this match. Match #3
Another one with no picture. He, however, does address this. He doesn't so much say why there is no picture...but he says that if I'm interested he will tell me where I can see one. Match #3 does seem like a nice guy from what he tells us about himself. It's always rather hard to tell though. He's 6'0" (yay!), divorced with 2 children who sometimes live at home (hmmmm) and lives over an hour away.
I'd say it's a toss up. I'm going back and forth here. Also, he's 11 years older than me. Hmmmm.... Perhaps I'll think on this one for a bit.

I've got a few more matches to tell you about, but I'm starting another new entry because this one is getting a bit long!

T

No comments: