Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Orthodontist Needs a Lashing (or two)

I have some news to report, but I don't think I can sit still long enough to write it down :( I had Invisiline for about 8 months, 2 years ago. I have faithfully worn my "retainer" every night since I finished the Invisiline trays. Unfortunately, my retainer has not kept my teeth (read - one annoying, uncooperative tooth!) where they were supposed to be.

I noticed in a picture from the weekend that the problem tooth seemed not to be where it should. This morning I took out my retainer, and just for giggles put in the last Invisiline tray I wore. Ouch! That pesky tooth has moved A L-O-T. Well, a lot as far as teeth move if you will.

(woman in this picture is smiling like Invisiline is fun....NOT!)

Regardless, I have worn that last tray all day in hopes of moving the pesky tooth back where it belongs, and my teeth are killing me. All of them! It's like mutiny in my mouth and it hurts to think. I'm calling my orthodontist and giving him a piece of my mind. I'm also going to make him give me a new retainer that actually keeps my teeth where they are supposed to be.

Painfully yours,

T

No comments: